Chapter 22: Birthday

"Hey, (Y/N)...I just want to say, I'm sorry," those words came out from behind.

"Huh? Sorry? For what?" I turned to the blonde haired girl's direction behind me.

She looked upset, as if she was a child who had just broken a precious family belonging, "You know, for getting drunk...that time," she started.

"I don't recall you being drunk at all...?" I said.

"You don't remember...? You know, last week...we went to karaoke and..." I pressed my index finger against her lips, "Just keep it to yourself, okay?" I told her.

Her cheeks grew red, and she quickly backed up and said, "A-Alright, well I'll be off then!"

I actually remembered what happened that week, I just didn't want her to emabarrass herself like that, as a good friend...speaking of weeks, next week is gonna be it, huh?

That's right...Maki's birthday...is next week.

(1 week from Maki's birthday)

"So...Maki's birthday is next week?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah, so I was wondering if you know any good restaurant that me and her can go to..."

"Hmm...what does Maki like?"

"What she...likes?"

Now that I think about it, I don't know what kind of restaurants Maki likes...should I ask her about that? Nahhh.

(The next day)

I was walking down the corridor carrying my stuff until I crossed path with a classmate of mine named Jane, she acts awkwardly around people and has similarities that are close to Maki's...like really close.

I stopped and shifted my stuff from my left hand to the other, and halted Jane with my free hand.

From shock, she instantly let her books fly through the area, "Aaaaah!" then she looked at me as if I was a nuisance.

"Ah...sorry for scaring you like that." I went to pick up the books that were scathered everywhere, "Uhh...Jane, right?" I looked up at the girl that was collecting her 'treasures'.

"Huh?" she exclaimed, looking at me with a surprised face, "Oh, uhh...yeah!" she exclaimed.

"Ehehe...is this the first time this'd happen?" I continued as I stood after clearing up the area.

"Y-Yeah! I-" Jane quickly looked away as she was about to say something, "N-Nothing!"

"Huh? You were about to say something?" I was curious.

"N-Nothing! I didn't say anything...! Wh-What did you need from me?" she asked.

"Oh! Uhh here." I gave her her books and papers, I also picked up my stuff that I placed safely earlier, "Umm...I need to speak to you...privately." I demanded.

"Oh, uhh...okay. Where to?" she agreed.

"Is the library okay?" I pointed to the direction of the college's library.

"Oh, a weird spot...but okay!"

We walked to the library.

"Let's sit over there." I pointed to an empty table by the far corner.

"O-Okay..." Jane's face has been turning more and more red every step we go...even from outside the library.

"Hey, are you feeling alright?"