Chapter 32: The first date

Author's note: Sorry I haven't been updating lately guys, there's just been a lot in my mind that I can't even keep up with what I'm doing, I'm planning on making it 'til at least chapter 38 tonight so hopefully I can make it. Anyways enjoy the chapter.

________________________________________________________________________________

I wonder how long it's been...since our first date? Ah that's right, about 5 years wasn't it? I was really nervous that time too, like my heart and mind was about to explode from extreme anxiety.

We planned the time of the date to be at 10 o'clock in the morning but I ended up waking up at 9.30am due to oversleeping because I was nervous the night before.

"Ah! I'm gonna be late!!" I shouted as I realized I woke late for my first date ever with my very first girlfriend, Maki.

I quickly showered and put on the clothes that look best on me: a black T-shirt (plain), blue jeans, a cotton grey hoodie and a pair of white Adidas sneakers. After that I grabbed all my essentials (my phone, my wallet filled with Japanese yen worth US$300, my wristwatch and a pack of chewing gum) a quickly dashed out of the house and ran for our meeting place.

...

It was 10:01am and I'm still running to the meeting place, though thankfully I can already see Maki standing there in her usual 'hangout clothes' waiting for me, looking at her phone, presumably checking the time.

"Maki!!" I shouted to get her attention, she gave me a surprised expression and scolded me when I was 2 metres away from her, "D-Don't just shout out people's name like that!"

I panted and looked up, "Hehe, sorry 'bout that and for being late. Also, what are you so embarrassed about? No one is around here."

"I-I know that! A-Anyways, I bet you overslept last night didn't you?" She asked in an angered voice, but somehow I could tell she felt guilty saying that, like she herself overslept last night as well.

Maki held my dominant hand; they were warm, like holding a cup of tea. "To make up for your tardiness, you have to buy me a deluxe strawberry ice cream parfait today~"

I looked up in surprise of what was happening, I was about to say Huh!?But she quickly dragged me away to the breakfast spot she always talked about back in New York City.

...

For breakfast, I had scrambled eggs, 4 pieces of bacon slices, 2 sausages and a warm cup of tea. While Maki had eggs benedict, two sausages and a tall glass of chocolate shake.

"Ahh~ man am I full," I said with complete satisfaction while rubbing my stomach.

"Me too, I don't think I'll need lunch after this," Maki said looking satisfied as well.

"So, where do you want to go now?" I asked her.

"Hmm, how about the theatres?" she suggested.

"Huh? But we just ate you know..."

"Well, if you don't think we should go to the theatres, where should we go?"

"How about the Ueno Zoo?"

"A zoo?"

"Yeah, ever since μ's disbanded we never go to the zoo anymore," I said looking outside, "and I missed Pando..."

There was a soft silence for a while.

Maki sneered, "(Y/N)-chan~ I didn't know you gave one of the animal a name."

"Sh-Shut up...it's not like I can't do it, yes?"

"Ahahaha, you're totally fine. I think it's pretty cute~"

I could feel my face getting hotter, "Let's just go!"

I got up, so did Maki, and paid for our breakfast.

...

When we got to the zoo, the pandas weren't there at all, something about reconstructing their habitat? I don't get it, I was 15 years old, and I didn't understood or cared about stuff like that, though I did feel sad not being able to see Pando again after a while.

We did however get to see various kinds of animals like the giraffes, zebras, the Sumatran Tigers, etc.

It also appeared to me that Maki named an animal that caught her attention too. I mean, she named an animal okay...not like I did.

"C'mon Maki-chan, we have to go, I don't want to stay here any longer." I said, pulling her arm.

"Aww come one, you just want to leave because the pandas aren't for show today. Let me have this, please."

"-Sigh- all right fine, five more minutes okay? We have to go to Hanayashiki Amusement Park too, you know?"

"Okay~ just a few more minutes~"

Sigh.

Well that went very well, instead of five more minutes, we ended up getting lost amidst the crowd and spent fifteen minutes looking for the exit.

When we finally got out of the zoo, it was already 11 o'clock in the morning, we got to Hanayashiki in another 10 minutes and, well, I think Maki and I are kind of thinking the same thing - that it would be better to stay at the zoo and admire the animals than having to go around and play games at the amusement park -

So we left the place and went to my house, played minecraft (because minecraft was a huge thing back in the day) all day. We built a house that we'd dreamed of making together, though because we're both still "pure" we split the house in two halves, the first half for the boys, me, and the other half for the girls, Maki.

We played so much that Maki was called 3 times by her mother telling her to come home. I walked her home by the way.

It might not be the ideal date, but at least both me and Maki enjoyed it more than doing naught in the amusement park but feel bored f the old games.