Chapter 4 Jasper's POV

I got up go to take a shower. As the shower hits my side it starts to hut. I start to scream pounding my fist on the shower wall. I scream one more time  stepping back clinching my side.

     My little brother Alex opens the door shouting " Jasper!!Dude are you okay? While opening the shower curtain. His eyes widen.

    "Alex get out of here I'm fine!!!"I turn the water off grabbing the towel and covering myself.

     "But....Jasper What...? I cut him off by shoving him. I repeat myself .

"Get Out of here Now!!!"

       He starts to walk away then turns saying "When your done I want to talk to you in my room. And Dude you didn't have to shove me...Asshole!"

  I put my head down as soon as he leaves. Shit! Now he is going to start asking questions. I hurt it in lacrosse. That's what I'm going to tell him. No one knows I was in the car. That I took off leaving her thinking she was going to be okay.

      I get dress then look my window it's dark. All I see is stars. I grab my song book which I haven't touched since the day of the accident. It's full of song cover lyrics and one original. I will never sing it again. It's purple and white like my guitar pic.

     I look in the mirror and see Emptiness. I close my eyes wishing that it was a nightmare I breath in slowly. Open my eyes and still see Emptiness.

          I walk into my 14 year old brothers room.

"What do you want?"I say sitting on his bean. He shuts the door. He points to my side.

     I grin "What I got hurt playing Lacrosse."

     He nods."Jasper I really want to go to the skate park I want you to show me new tricks. You never go out anymore. Ever since Kelly died you never hangout. Today was the first time you left the house in three weeks. And you never sing. I look up to you you know."

       I am shocked. I kick his soccer ball at him."Dude let's just skate in the backyard. I'll show you the awesome rail trick you keep bugging me about."

       He grabs his board with a smile on his face. "Sweet. Alright! But you gotta sing something so I can upload to YouTube." I nod. I'm so glad our parents aren't home til next week.

      After showing him for the fourth time. He tries twice and lands it the second time. The he ask for me to sing.

       I feel nervous cause he wants me to sing anything. I start singing Could It be Any Harder by The Calling.

I sing my heart out. Each note comes out perfectly. Letting my guard down. My hands shake as I close my eyes and see her face tears fall down my face. I sing the last note. I open my eyes my brother stops recording and starts to hug me. "I'm okay Alex. I just miss her so much and I want to see him but I'm scared."

   " What are you talking about? See who?"He says with a concerned look on his face.

       Fuck why did I say that.

I brush it off wiping my tears. "Dude don't worry about it. I'm gonna go grab a beer. I'll be in my room if you need me."

       He starts to skate again and says "Sure. Can some of my friends stop by?" I nod and walk away.

        I'm on my 7th beer and dial the number. The phone rings two times.

I say " Can I talk to Junior?"

I hear his voice on the other end"Yeah it's me. Is this Jasper?"

"Yeah I want to....I'm cut off by him saying" I will be right there." Then I hear a dial tone. I try calling no answer.

Flashback to before we got in the car:

"Jasper we need to talk about why I was gone last month. Kelly says with concern in her deep brown eyes.

I sit next to her  holding her hand. " Sure what's wrong?"Btw you look great either way curvy or slim you are beautiful to me. I love you!"

She gets closer to me."I wasn't chubby or curvy from eating a lot.

"Jasper I stayed at Kate's because  well..."

She sure was acting weird and serious. I grab us a beer. I take a drink trying to figure her out.

She takes a Gulp of beer. Her eyes are looking straight into mine. She takes another gulp.

"Jasper you have a Son!I was pregnant those months I was curvy. I was pregnant. With our son. He is at Kate's right now. His name is Mason Sanders Her mom helped me have the baby at the clinic she owns. I thought you'd be upset. I should have told you."

I blink wait did she say I have a son?I look at her I see she is waiting for me to speak. I just kiss her wrapping my arms around her. Whispering in her ear after we kiss." I want to see him right now. Our baby. Wow I have a Son." I tap my beer with hers. She gets up sure.

Jeremy ,Kelly and I go to the car. I ask who else knows. She says Just Junior, Kate,her Mom and now you. I told them I was going to see you this week and tell you. I love you so much.

      I snap into reality when I feel my body shaking. I look up and see those eyes. But not hers their his. I wonder if my son has my eyes or hers. I wonder how he looks. I start to cry.

    "Jasper snap out of it. I'm here for you. I have tried getting a hold of you for week's. I tried talking to you at the park today. I was so shocked to see you. At first I didn't know if it was you until I saw your guitar pic. But you never answered. It's like you disappeared altogether.You Didn't even go to her...."He stopped and looked at me.

     Tears falling down my face I looked into his eyes intensely."I want to meet....My Son Junior. I want to meet Mason."