Chapter 9 Jaspers POV

I'm in the backseat next to my son. He is so amazing. We are on our way to church for the first time. I feel nervous and excited at the same time.

       I changed my views when I saw Jennifer telling Mason stories about God. And listening to them made me think maybe he is real. I felt bad breaking down in her studio. But she was so caring and nice not judging me at all. It was nice.

           As soon as the car stops Jennifer turns with a smile on her face."We are here. You'll love it."

         I get out and place Mason in the stroller gently since he is asleep. As we walk in the church I see people of all ages. I sit next to the door. Junior sits next to me and nods. Jennifer then sits next to him holding his hand.

         I look up to see a guy in front facing us. I listen and he is talking about how God forgives us. He tells a story about how people use to sacrifice lambs etc. And how he sent his son to change everything. He is called the messiah. He wasn't scared to speak his father's word.

         He was tested in the wilderness. Each time refusing temptation. The Devil tried everything but Jesus spoke his father's words. Then he spoke this scripture and it spoke to me by this time my hands were in my face covering it. I was trying not to cry in front of everyone. Junior moved closer to me and placed his hands on my back letting me know it's okay. But as soon as I heard the pastor speak I started to cry.

       That God has always been there. That he won't forsake me. That he loves me no matter what. He ask If their is anyone here that want to give themselves to the Lord that want to repent to come to the front. I started shaking. My heart was pounding so much. I have never felt this way.

     "It's Okay I will go with you."Junior whispered.

        I nodded and get up shaking. As I start walking up the aisle I turn seeing Jennifer holding Mason. I kept going til I got to the front. The pastor placed his hand over my head Asking me if I wanted my sins to wash away. If I accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I had tears in my eyes and said Yes. Feeling happiness all around me.

           After awhile we were in the car on our way home to Junior's.I get out of the car and walk in and see all my stuff. Now I know why he left so fast from Jennifer's place earlier. He got my stuff from my parents house and brought them here. To my new home.

        I held Mason in my arms saying "We will be alright God is with us and we have awesome family to help. We are also Home Mason with Uncle Junior together forever thanks to him who has been the best friend I ever had and one day Auntie Jennifer."I chuckle  while smiling at him. Knowing hoping one day they get married cause they are so good for each other."I will never leave your side. I will be the best father I can be. I love you my son my everything."