Prologue

The cicadas chirped. Sweat beaded down my forehead from the heat. Spring had just decided to pop it's colorful head out of the ground and join us in mid March. I tightened my grip on my black backpack straps, that were slightly torn from constant adjustment, and straightened my tangled UA tie.

I walked along the small sidewalk placed neatly on the side of the road. Cherry blossom trees bloomed beautifully overhead, providing the occasional shade that I needed for comfort. Mumbling to myself, I skipped over the cracks on the ground and hopped on and off the curb. I had always remembered Mom telling me not to go near the edge of the sidewalk, you never know when a car could come.

I was bouncing along when I finally saw the shining grey gates of UA High, the most renowned hero school in all of Japan.  I wiped the sweat off my freckled cheeks and skipped forwards, towards the only life I wanted to live.
Ever since I could remember, I've idolized this muscular, golden haired bear of a man that had a smile as bright as the sun. He wore a skin tight costume, with a face chiseled from stone, and dark eyes that you couldn't get a good look at, and he was my hero, everyone's hero.

People knew him as the strongest man on earth, but after many events I've known him as my mentor. In a short sentence he helped me get over the large mental block that was my physical powerlessness. And in ten months he helped me become more than a "quirkless" nobody. This man was known as All Might. With the ideals and physical stature of a Marvel comic book hero, he could save anyone if he tried. It was this very man that had spotted a speck like me, and gave his greatness and gratitude to. Since then I had never given up. Not once, and I don't intend to.

Breaking out of my thoughts I shuffled up the glistening stairs of the school. Fascinated with the interior design, and even more so the diversity of students chatting amongst themselves in the hall. Even though I'd been at UA for three months, breathing in the air of strong feelings and hard work made my heart skip a beat.

I slid my shoes on the white tile floors and soaked in the sun that shot through the large windows. Stopping abruptly, I slid open the narrow, eight foot door to class 1-A.

The inside smelled of new plastic and cheap air freshener. The small desks were laid out neatly in rows, and students of all different appearances babbled and tumbled around the interior. Tenya Iida, a tall, rock-like man, with deep blue hair that was cut cleanly and shaved near the back of his neck, greeted me squarely. He pushed up his ovular glasses to reveal thin, soft, but serious navy blue eyes, that fit perfectly with his large nose, down turning mouth, and square jaw. He used his thick fingers to flick a piece of fluff off the grey school regulated uniform that tightly rested on his broad shoulders.

"You're earlier than usual, Midoriya." He said in a cunning tone. I straightened my spine and smiled,

"I woke up a little early." I replied softly.

Tenya was the class representative. He was a clean man who drew all his lines straight and kept everything he wanted in order, in order. Well, except for one person, who was constantly getting on his nerves. Bakugou Katsuki. He'd always been late to class, and most wished he'd never come. Bakugou was a short tempered man with a mouth and mind open to anyone who could hear. His blond hair stuck out unpredictably, and was jaggedly cut. He had sharp eyes that showed a beautiful crimson red, a small nose that was quite pointed, and a large mouth with sharp teeth.

He was of the competitive type, and had his eye on being the strongest, no matter who or what he had to trample. Through childhood Bakugou had been a bully for me, but when I was finally accepted into UA, I quickly got over my fear for him, as of now all he seemed like was an angry child throwing a tantrum when he didn't get what he desired.

Running my hands through my puffy green hair, I pulled out one of the slim chairs and sat myself next to Ochaco Uraraka. She was quite pretty. Not the prettiest in the class, but a nice balance. She was a simple and honest girl with thick brown hair, that cut off at her shoulders. Her large brown eyes were full of wonder and innocence. He nose was small and rounded, and her mouth was almost always smiling. She was a quaint, kind girl with a slim body and large head. She may not have looked like it, but when it was needed her strength was a large help to the people around her, and her radiating glow was blinding. Ochaco gave and small wave and head tilt, and I simply smiled back.

Bakugou stomped into the room, took the furthest seat from the door, and propped his feet on the small desk in front of him. He made no noise or movement as other students chattered in their own groups.

The chime of the bell echoed through the school. The clock read 8:45 as people rushed to their own seats. Almost as if he popped out of thin air, our teacher slid up from behind the large desk in front of the room, holding a cup of black coffee in one hand, and lazily rubbing his eye with the other.

He was a short man, and he didn't have that scary of a stature, but all of us in 1-A knew how hellish he could be. Though, that was very rare. Most of the time he was in his yellow sleeping bag, snoozing when he was supposed to be teaching. It's hard to read his personality when all he has is sleep going through his thoughts.

He had tangled black hair, that reached passed his shoulders by a couple of inches, small hairs accumulated around his mouth and chin, meaning he hadn't shaved anytime recent. His menacing black eyes were touched with a bit of red, as he had constant dry eye. A dirty rag was draped around his neck, along with golden, barred goggles that he wore when he worked as a hero.

"Today I'm sending you All Might's way. You're going to head out to one of the fake cities that was built for classes, and have a mock hero vs villain battle." He said nonchalantly. The other students cheered and laughed as they got up and headed for the bus area. I tightened my fists 'I don't care who it is. I'll win!' I thought.
Stepping on the bus I singled out a seat and propped myself comfortably.

I stared out the window as the engine hummed to life, and we left UA. This was the last time I would enjoy my day so wonderfully. This was the last time I could see a smiling face.

Oml it would be so great if people read this. I promise I'll try and get parts out as fast as possible, but writing is a long process, but I hope that everyone enjoys this!! -Author Katie