Feelings

It had been subtle, like a piece of sand in a pool, or a crumb on the table. After a while, I stared to notice it more. When toes were stubbed, or tounges were bitten, even fingers stapled, I noticed that pained expression on people's faces. I don't know when it became clear to me, but it was around when a book fell on Mineta's, a small purple haired pipsqueak, head. I became more observant, watched people more, and made my eyes follow them. My odd behavior towards people illicited an interest in me. People of the class watched me more, as I avoided them more, watching from a safe distance, not only scared of their faces but unnaturally intrigued. They gave me nightmares, and I started pining to be able to see a smile, bright eyes, colorful hair.

* * *

That morning I woke up to another anxiety attack, and quickly downed my pills, maybe taking a couple more than needed. Sucking in a much desired breath, I sat on the edge of my bed and stared at my reflection in the mirror. Ever since a week ago, when Ochaco jammed her fingers, I started getting anxiety attacks. There was a constant heaviness in my chest.

I could barely sleep, and at school it became perplexing for me to avoid my peers. Seeing their incoherent, nauseating masks made my heart do backflips, so I only waited for the small moments when they felt pain, just to get a good glimpse of an eye or a nose. After thinking about it for a second, my raspy breathing climbed up my throat once more. The heart bearing my life began to sputter desperately, as I clutched my chest for air. 'Another panic attack.' I'd gotten used to them, so I took a breath and tried to calm down. Usually in these situations, I would return to normal in a couple of minutes, but after gasping for a while, I realized it wasn't going away.

"..a...h" I attempted to scream. After a few more tries, I became desperate. I shoved all my pain into one large screech. What felt like minutes only lasted seconds as I ran out of breath. My throat felt like it was closing up, and I thought I was going to die. Black blotches dripped their way into my vision. Scared I was going to faint, I began to hyperventilate more. The blackness spread like ink being dropped onto old parchment, as I drifted off into a state of haze.

* * *

When I woke up, I found that I was in a hospital bed, gazing at the white ceiling, and smelling the disinfected environment. I sighed loudly, then looked to my left to find a blank skull facing me. I shrieked loudly before I was quickly hushed. It stroked my hair softly.

"M...om?" My voice had left me. My heart rate monitor shot up a bit.

"It's me Izuku. It's me." She said solemnly. I relaxed into her hand, and one single tear streamed down my face.

"The d-doctors said t-that y-y-you we're showing t-the early symptoms of o-o-o-overdosing on your a-anxiety medication. T-they said y-you took way t-too much!" She said between quiet sobs.

"Y-your lungs began t-to shut down Izuku!" I noticed I'd had a tube shoved up my nose, pumping oxygen into me.

"How many were y-you taking?" I stared downwards as she asked.

"Two or three, but I'd take the powder out of the capsule and mix it wil water to make it easier to take." I mumbled.

"The capsule slows down the amount of time it takes to effect you. It makes it so you can slowly take in the drugs effects as it dissolves in your stomach, but when you take it raw like that, it'll hit you full force." A thick voice stated. I turned to find a tall skulled man walking through the doorway with other, what I guessed nurses, following him. I cringed at the sight of his head. From the tone of his voice he seemed quite angry, or concerned with me.

"I just hope that your body hasn't become addicted." He said sternly.

"If you truly have bad anxiety, maybe you'd like to talk to someone about it to help instead of pills. Maybe a therapist? Maybe me if your comfortable?" I felt tired, and really wanted help. I couldn't handle what I was seeing and was hoping that maybe the doctor would.