Chapter one The 'rabbit'

Mark shuts off the camera, having just finished his recording off 'how smart chica is'. 

"Hey your smarter than the average dog huh chica" Mark laughs as he wipes off the dry erase board. Mark turns back expecting the joyful licks of the golden retriever. The dog was gone. He thought nothing of it, probably just went to go eat. He decides to take the equipment down later. He walks in the kitchen for an after video snack. He lets out a yawn. Mark pulls out an ice cream from the freezer.

"Perfect for me, now for chica" he says grabbing a bag of dog treats. He shakes the bag but gets no response. Mark frowns. "Maybe she will want to eat later..."

*later*

It was a downpour outside. The rain was falling like bullets outside. Mark had just finished uploading another video for the day. He stretches back in his seat, smoothing back his unruly hair. He gets out of his chair.

"I suppose that's enough for the day..." he grumbles leaving the recording room. He looks to the window to see that it was dark outside. It was actually pretty quiet. A bit too quiet. Where on earth was Chica? That was definitely the question of the day. He hadn't seen her since the morning. 

"Chica!?" Mark calls. 

No response.

Mark starts to walk around in search of his canine companion. She seemed to be no where though. The shutters were open. Pause. Was that Chica outside? He walks over to the window and looks through. Chica was sitting outside in the grass. Her back was to the window. The rain was pelting her fur, drowning it in rain. Mark rushes to the door to get her. Shoving it open. He looks around. He saw a golden blur running off in the distance. It was definitely Chica. But why was she running? 

"Hey wait up Chica!"

Mark runs after her. Of course she was fast. He started to hear a voice. Faint.

"So late... gonna have my head... Jerk."

Mark skids a bit. He couldn't see anyone else around but him and chica. And she was getting away! He took after her again. Chica is next to stop. Mark smiles seeing her stop. It quickly falters when he sees what happens next. Chica just jumped into the ground! Into a hole! He stops right next to the hole. He looks in. It was very dark, He couldn't see chica anywhere! What happened to his poor dog?! 

"chica! Chica are you o-!"

The ground crumbles under him. Falling away into the hole along with him. He was falling! down this dark yet spacious hole. What was going on! He tries to gain some kind of balance in this free fall, it was hard with his stomach falling with him. The fall felt like death would be on the other side soon. 

"Markiplier?"

He didn't even notice he had closed his eyes. When he open them he didn't expect to see Chica there. She actually had a genuinely confused expression, but her posture was relaxed.

"You followed me? why?"

"What?! Chica you-! words! bark!"

Chica smiles. "Oh markiplier... I could always talk. any dog can if they want. And right now I don't have time. The king will have my head if I don't hurry"

"Hurry falling to our death?"

"Of course not."

Chica looks down.  Things were starting to fall up, towards them. Chica swipes at a pocket watch, grabbing it. She yelps. She quickly slips on a pearl necklace and strangely a white blouse. Despite having no thumbs she put it on pretty fast. 

*Splash*

Mark is surprised by the shock of freezing cold water. Chica was already gone, maybe even miles away. He struggles to reach the surface, but he had a strange weight on him. He needed air. But it wasn't going to come under fifteen feet of water just for him. sixteen. seventeen. eighteen. Darkness.