Chapter Six

"Hey, Y/N." Someone poked my shoulder. I rolled over on my back, groaning softly.

"Y/N, get up. I didn't come here to be your dad." The person started to pat my cheek, slightly roughly. It was uncomfortable, and I let out a new groan.

The other person, who I was too tired to find out who was, sighed. "Alright, I have to do this the hard way, don't I?" What that meant, I didn't really know, until I felt a hand on either side of my waist. Before I knew what was happening, the person had lifted me off my bed and onto my feet. They ached against the hard floor, and I squirmed. Forced to open my eyes by the confusion of who this was, I almost screamed when I stared straight into Jongin's eyes. The memories of when I came home soon resurfaced though, and I sighed. "You scared the crap out of me! What is it?"

He furrowed his brows, and let go of me. I immediately struggled to keep my balance and felt my cheeks turn hot. "You've been asleep since seven PM last night. It's currently eight AM. Good morning." Did I really sleep for that long? It was probably the best night I'd had in weeks. "Oh...and why'd you wake me up? There's nothing I have to do today, right?"

Jongin's jaw dropped. "Are you serious? It's Saturday, time to find Kyungsoo." Right. I nodded before maneuvering my body around Jongin's to get to my closet. If Kyungsoo was in any potential danger, it would be in my best interest to find him as soon as I could. Jongin could be pretty scary, something I knew from the first time we met. It didn't mean he'd hurt me if his boyfriend got hurt, not necessarily, but the possibility was enough to scare me. So I quickly pulled out the first clothes I could find -a grey t-shirt, black hoodie and regular, dark blue jeans- and hurried to the bathroom with Jongin shortly following. "Wait, Y/N..." I turned, only to be hit by a sudden wave of the most unpleasant smell that had ever hit my nostrils. The easiest way to describe it would be like licorice, if someone had smelled it once and tried to recreate it using chemicals. I, out of all people, should know that smell. My dad had been a hairdresser, so I knew what it was at once.

Hair dye.

How I hadn't noticed it earlier, I didn't know, but Jongin had DYED HIS HAIR IN MY BATHROOM. "Jongin? Explain." My voice was pitched. I could start to smell the rough scent of bleach as well, and dreaded what could be inside of that room. "Well, I was going to go with you, and I needed to...look different." He came out into the light of the hallway, and I could now see his hair better. Silvery grey, not like an old man's, but a stylish color that most people couldn't fit. Jongin, however, fit it perfectly. I almost forgave him for potentially ruining my bathroom for a second. "What..." I coughed. "Did y-you clean up in there?"

He nodded, but still looked guilty about something. I felt like I was the parent ready to scold the child for doing something he wasn't supposed to. "What? Jongin, what did you do?" Not waiting for his reply, I opened the door and looked around for what the cause of his guilt was. It took a few seconds. The sink and tub was okay, the walls weren't damaged, but the floor, though... A large stain was stretching from the toilet to the door. The previously grey tiles were now almost white, and I felt the anxiety increasing in my chest. "Jongin!" No, wait. It wasn't anxiety, it was frustration. It had come bursting out of me in the form of Jongin's name, and I spun around. Poor Jongin raised his arms in a "calm down" kind of way, clearly fearing my screaming as much as I did. "I'll make sure they're replaced or fixed or something, alright?"

I'd almost forgotten just how different we were. I earned a fair amount of money, sure, but he was most likely richer than I'd ever be. He was also probably older than me. Come to think of it, there was a great deal I didn't know about Jongin. Even if we were only going to be in contact for a short while, I should still try to get to know him, right?

Beautiful Broken Thingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें