chapter 12

<a reminder that akumas don't exist in this story, thank you.>
<another reminder that i love you guys ♡>

The next day, you were late at school. You didn't really care. 

The same day went on as usual. Adrien and Marinette, dubbed as 'Adrienette' by many of your classmates, were closer than ever. They kept on laughing and joking every time of the day. And everytime it would, your heart and body would be in pain. Like the longer you stare at their bonding, your insides would disintegrate and you would hear your heart crying, beating loudly for help. You wanted to avoid it as far as possible. 

It went far until your best friend noticed it. 

You were frowning at the red marked '15/50 Better Luck Next Time!' written on your English paper. You didn't study all week, and now you're blaming yourself for getting a very bad score. You were startled when all of a sudden, a hand was placed on your arm. You finally shared glances with Alya, who seemed quiet the whole time. "Are you okay?"

You looked back at the paper in front of you, making you frown more. You started to pull the strands of your hair, ruining it in the process. You groaned, Alya taking it as a no. 

"Wanna... talk about it?" She asked, smiling slightly. "You could tell it all to me."

You sighed. "I'm not in a mood, sorry."

Alya rubbed your back in a comforting way. "It's okay, Y/N. Whatever you're going through, you'll get through it." She wrapped her arms around you and combed your messy hair.

△▲△▲

It was now lunch time. You and Alya sat together, but Adrien and Nino are yet to be seen. You were munching on your (food) when all of a sudden, Agreste marched across your table, with Nino in tow. You rolled your eyes, glaring at him in the end.

But there he goes again, sending you his infamous smirks on your way. You hated it, hated it, hated it all! It would unintentionally make your heart feel unusual things, and you didn't like it one bit.

And you didn't like what Alya thought about all of this. You didn't like her conclusions of your said feelings. You don't want to.

Alya laughed, her happy tears were blinding her eyesight. "Why don't you just accept it?"

"All I'm accepting are foods and the truth, and your statement was far from those things, so, no thank you." You turned away and continued eating.

She chuckled, following with a shrug. "Your loss." She took the last bite of her sandwich. You shook your head, choosing to just focus on how to get your grades high.

Five minutes later, you didn't even notice Alya leaving until she poked you on the shoulder. You looked up. "I should be going," she announced. "Nino and I have to study for the Math test tomorrow."

You nodded. "Okay, see you."

"See you," she smiled before replying, "Don't forget to text me, 'kay?"

You nodded once more. She left the table and went to her boyfriend. You sighed and tried to finish your food, even though you lost your appetite.

▼△▼△ another timeskip coz i'm lazy

Finally, classes have ended. You were looking forward to going home with Alya, you can't wait to have your face planted on the matress that is your bed. You packed all your things and walked outside the classroom, when suddenly, you heard the pitter patter on the roof. You looked outside and it was just as you expected.

It was raining.

You sighed and went to find your best friend. Everyone was already outside with their umbrellas by the time you found her. "Alya," you said. "Are you coming home?"