chapter 13

The next day, Saturday, you decided to not actually skip class and pretend that nothing had happened. You would put on fake smiles and forced happy eyes when it's the exact opposite on the inside. The bell rang, hurting your ears. You grudged towards your next class alone. When you sat down, Alya immediately took notice of your weird atmosphere around you. You silently gave her a blank smile before taking a seat next to her. Nathaniel noticed it as well and look at Alya for an answer to his confused look. She only shrugged before not bothering you ever again. You thought that it was okay of her not talking to you, even if it takes forever.

Finally, Ms. Bustier walked in, with a few books in her arms, followed by both Adrien and Marinette. Your stare shifted downwards, as you fidgeted your hands underneath the table. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. You whispered to yourself. You spared a little peek at the boy in front of you, and boy, did it bring back so many memories; either good or bad ones. 

The thoughts made you frown deeper. Alya placed her hand on your shoulder. "Girl," she whispered. "Are you okay?"

It took you a minute to respond. "Yeah, I-I'm... okay."

"Are you sure?" She asked again. You leaned your head on your palm, your wisps of hair falling down on your face. Honestly, you were on a verge of panic attack. You didn't really want to go to school today. You thought you could get through it, but you were wrong. So wrong, it's making you want to scream. Your eyes then flickered to the two people in front of you. Your ears trying to focus on Ms. Bustier's teachings. Your mouth went dry, and your throat was getting itchy. You saw them, laughing, bringing you back so many memories like yesterday. It's giving more aching pains to your heart. Your mind then went back to last night, when you cried and cried, after you realize you just lost your first best friend. You tried to steady your breathing, but you can't focus on one thing. You can faintly hear Alya's whispers over your heavy breathing. "Y/N!" She shook your shoulders, and your tears were beginning to burst. "Y/N, are you okay--"

Finally, you slammed the table and raised your hand. "Miss--! Miss--"

Everyone looked at you, slightly alarmed. Even Ms. Bustier was surprised to see your tear-filled eyes. "Yes? Y/N, is there something wrong?"

Yes, yes! Everything is wrong! 

You let out a squeak, a sign that you wanted to cry more than anything. "I... I--" You suddenly held your stomach and puffed your cheeks. "I need to go to the bathroom... please."

The whole room was quiet, you know everyone was looking at you. You suddenly felt conscious and ugly, making you want to cry more and shut the people out. Even with the curtain-like hair around your face, you could see the blond boy staring at you, concerned. You looked down even further, trying to hide your face. 

Ms. Bustier, seemed to be slightly convinced, but decided that she didn't need an explanation when she saw your crumbling state. "Um, o-okay, you may go, Ms.--"

Before she could call your name, you were squeezing yourself between Nathaniel and his table. After roughly doing so, you ran quickly, still holding your mouth and stomach. The students were concerned and worried about your state, but then insisted to check on you after class. 

Reaching the bathroom, you opened one stall in the back, lifting the seat and opened your mouth. You gasped, gagged, but nothing came out. Still, you felt really sick and ugly. When nothing came the second time, that's when the tears flowed through. Sobs went out as well, really complimenting your tears, they go together so perfectly. You leaned your hand on the wall in front of you, trying to balance yourself. You cried and cried and cried and cried. You didn't care, you'll go home in the next 30 minutes anyway. So you screamed loudly, sitting down on the toilet seat after closing it. You covered your eyes with shaking hands, your feet going up in hopes of hiding yourself.