chapter 4

It was a cold evening.

6:45 PM was written on the poster.

With your denim-themed clothes, you finally walked inside the courtyard where lights spreading across the large area. Tables were set aside, making space in the middle, where the stage was located, the words 'DENIM' crafted in cardboard with a glittery border.

The banner you help put out were sparkling with the help of the lights. Party music was playing in the speakers. A few people are present, maybe it's because you went too early. They were on their phones, either taking selfies or playing their multiplayer games.

The whole time you were observing, you noticed a hand waving left and right. You connected the hands to the owner and it was your best friend, Alya.

You instantly had this surprised look on your face, running towards her. Halfway, she stood up with open arms and pulled you in for a tight hug, with the possibility of ruining your hair.

"You look so cute!" Alya praised, placing her hands on your arms covered with the sleeve of your jacket.

You rolled your eyes good -naturedly. "Oh, stop it. You're way more cuter!"

Indeed she was. She wore the same styled jacket as you. The only difference was the darker color and the sleeves only reaches her elbow. Underneath was a black shirt, paired with ripped jeans.

The two of you sat down, your small bags placed on the table.

You then heard Alya call your name. "Let's take a selfie!" You gave a curt nod and allow her to raise the phone a bit far for your faces to fit the frame. You both gave your best smiles and she pressed the button, capturing it. "Thanks!" She typed in a quick caption and posted it on her social media.

"Where's Marinette?" You asked, fiddling with your fingers as you spoke. People were slowly flooding inside the courtyard with their own flashy outfits.

"Oh, she's on her way. Don't worry."

You nodded in reply. You saw Chloe with her outfit, she was slowly gaining attention as she walked to her table, with Sabrina in tow.

"I'm here, I'm here!" You turned your head and watched as Marinette took a seat beside you. She set her bag down and took a breather.

Alya smirked. "Nice outfit, Marinette. Looks like someone's gonna take you dancing later."

The raven-haired girl blushed at the statement. "No, no! I'm not even looking forward at the slow dance." She crossed her arms.

There's a slow dance? Your mind was spinning. It then conjured a scenario out of thin air. It was...

You and Adrien slow dancing...

The lights were dim and the song was mellow. There were other students around but you couldn't seem to care. All that matters was Adrien staring at you with those green eyes of his. His hands wrapped around your waist, with your own hands on his shoulders.

He smiled a wonderful smile, before leaning in-

"Y/N?" Marinette nudged your elbow, making your thoughts fly away. You blinked a few times. "What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Is someone gonna dance with you?"

"Me? Psh, not a chance." You chuckled. Yoi knew it was too good to be true. No one will have the courage to dance with you tonight.

Alya rolled her eyes. "Come on, Y/N. It's our final year together! We gotta make it count, ya know? Unless..."

You seem to notice Alya scooting closer to you with her chair. Marinette seemed to know the gist and had a smirk on her face as well. "U-Unless what..?" You dared to ask.