Chapter Four Really?

Nadia's POV

The next morning, when I woke up I forgot where I was for a second. It had only been two days but I did manage to get from New Jersey, with my family to New York in a group home.

"Wake up girls! Breakfast is ready!" Ms. Copeland shouted. We all walked down stairs and a few other younger kids were already seated and eating oatmeal.

"Here you go, Nadia." Ms. Copeland said as she set a bowl of mushy oatmeal in front of me.

Everybody else was eating, and it'd be disrespectful to not eat the oatmeal, but even my dad could make better food than this.

"Nadia, eat your breakfast!" Ms. Copeland scolded.

I shrugged and ran upstairs.

A few minutes later, Luci came up.

"Wow, that was brave of you. Nobody talks back to Ms  Copeland. she used to be an army instructor and she's very tough." Luci marvled.

Then, Tenny and Zara walked in.

"Wow, what a bitch." Tenny scoffed

"So stuck up that you wouldn't eat oatmeal." Zara laughed.

"You guys reject Ms. Copeland's food all the time. Remember the meatloaf?" Luci argued.

Tenny and Zara headed over to their bunks and started to ignore us by painting their nails.

Luci headed up to her bunk, to read.

I laid down and cried softly under the covers.

Two days later

Luci was sort of nice. Zara and Tenny pushed me around when Ms. Copeland and Luci weren't looking. I'd eaten all of my food from home.

"Nadia, you have to eat." Ms. Copeland sighed, handing me a bowl of soup. I groaned and pushed it away.

I burried my head into my pillow.

I heard Ms. Copeland set the soup down and leave.

Lin's POV

"Vanessa! I did it! I finished all of the paper work! We can foster Nadia now!" I celebrated, while running around.

"Congrats Lin." Vanessa smiled.

"I don't know how you do that much paperwork daily." I muttered.

"Okay well, what time are we picking Nadia up?" Vanessa asked.

"Oh at 12:30." I responded.

"THAT'S IN FIVE MINUTES!" Vanessa freaked and then started running around.

She shoved me outside our apartment, keys and paperwork in hand. 

I raced off to the car and drove over.

As I drove, I wondered if I'd be a good dad.

Nadia's POV

I sat on my bed, rereading the book I had brought. Suprisingly, I hadn't been returned to my parents. Then I heard a soft knocking on the door. I was the only one in here. The other girls were watching a movie downstairs. Ms. Copeland walked in.

"Nadia, I need to tell you something important. We figured out that you were a  runaway." Ms. Copeland started.

I gasped.

"CPS conducted a couple interviews, and a few things happened. Your parents lost their rights. They checked texts and security camera footage etc. CPS decided that your parents were not fit to care for you. You're now in the foster care system. But I have good news. We have a foster family ready to pick you up right now." Ms. Copeland continued.

"Really?" I asked.

"Come on downstairs." Ms. Copeland smiled.

I was so nervous as I walked down the stairs behind Ms. Copeland. I could see the back of a man's head standing in the living room. He then turned around and I gasped again. It was Lin. Lin-manuel Miranda!

"Lin, you're fostering me?" I asked, shocked.

"Yep." He grinned.

"Go pack your stuff, Nadia." Ms. Copeland commanded.

I smiled and ran upstairs.

But already inside the room, was Zara and Tenny. They glared at me angrily.

"I can't believe he chose to foster you!" Tenny angrily said.

"Yeah, you're so stupid. I've been here for months." Zara spat.

They looked at each other and nodded.

They raced over to me and started punching and kicking me. Pulling my hair and cursing at me.

Suddenly, Luci walked in.

"I'm going to tell Ms. Copeland." Luci stated.

Tenny and Zara froze. Tenny raced out of the room. Zara then helped me up and forced me to promise to never tell anybody.

I started packing while Luci apologized for their behavior.

"I mean I knew they were messed up, but this is a whole-nother level." Luci muttered.

I finished packing and brought my stuff downstairs.

"Bye Nadia." Ms. Copeland called out to me

"Uh bye." I responded.

In the car...

"Okay so I'm going to take you to meet the cast." Lin smiled.

"Wait really? I asked, shocked.

"Yep." Lin grinned.

What do you guys think?
Should I keep adding author's notes?

Yes. I will.
See ya soon!