Chapter 7

Rae's POV

I felt the sunshine peeking in through the windows and I knew that it was morning. However, I wasn't a morning person. I slowly opened my eyes and rubbed them gently before looking around the room. I stretched myself and smiled before snuggling back into bed ready to go back to sleep.

Sadly, that didn't happen because of a knock that I heard from the door.

" Come in. " , I said sleepily.

The door opened to reveal Prince Damon. At that moment, I looked at him and immediately hid under the covers. I tried very hard not to panic and stayed still. Suddenly, I was uncovered to face a pair of purple eyes.

" Do I really make you nervous with my presence? " , Damon asked me.

" Yeah..." , I mumbled quietly as I played with my hands nervously.

" Well you don't have to be nervous around me. I'm just another person like you are. " , he stated.

" I know, but I'm here because of you. " , I said quietly.

He held my hands gently and rubbed his thumb on my hand carefully.

" Listen Rae, I know we didn't meet properly so I was hoping to start all over. " , Damon said softly. " Don't be afraid of me. I want to get to know the princess of Ireland. "

" And why would you want to know about me? " , I asked quietly. " I'm nothing special. "

" Yes you are very special, Rae. " , Damon smiled softly. " And I know that. "

I slowly nodded at him.

" So why are you here? " , I asked with curiosity.

" I just wanted to see how you were doing. It seemed that you were resting, so I will let you sleep in. " , Damon said softly.

" I would like that. " , I smiled slightly before nodding.

" Well then, sweet dreams, princess. " , he whispered softly before he kissed my forehead and walked out of my room.

I felt my cheeks blushing as I bit my lip and laid back down snuggling back into bed. I felt better since he talked to me, but I still had this feeling about him. He seemed friendly and sweet but there is just something about his eyes that makes me wonder who is Prince Damon really is.

I don't know, but what I do know is that I planned on going back to sleep. And so I did. I slept for another few hours.

I woke up again feeling rested. I decided to get out of bed, refresh myself, and change my clothes. I might as well do some exploring since I will be staying in this castle for a while. I opened the door swiftly to see Anna standing in front of my door.

" Well good afternoon, sleepyhead. " , she lightly chuckled.

" Good afternoon, you early bird. " , I replied.

" Guess what today is! " , Anna said excitingly.

" What? " , I asked confused.

" Your first day to impress the prince. " , Anna nodded.

I frowned. Was everyday going to be like this. Finding a way to impress the prince.

" Can't I just explore the castle? " , I pleaded.

" No, that would be rude if you allow your curiosity to peek through private things. " , Anna said. " Remember we are only here so you can impress the prince. "

" Right..." , I said before sighing.

" Now let's get you all dressed up. " , Anna said. " Your outfit is too simple. "

Before I could reply, I was pushed back into the room as Anna closed the door and smiled at me before pulling out dresses from the closet. I sighed knowing that there was nothing that I could do to change her mind.

An hour passed and I found myself standing in front of a mirror. I looked at the princess in front of me and knew that wasn't really me.

" Beautiful. " , Anna whispered softly.

" Now the prince is at the royal gardens, so go see him. " , Anna said lightly pushing me out of the room.

When I was left alone in the hallway, I crossed my arms. This isn't what I wanted to do everyday. Sure, the prince was handsome but I wasn't going to be like those needy princesses, I like being independent. I don't like being treated like a doll for the prince's taste. But sadly, this was to be my life. I had to marry a prince for the safety of Ireland.

I took a deep breath and walked down the hallway making sure that I looked presentable before I found the garden. I froze when I looked at the prince holding another girl's hand as they stood together in the garden.