Chapter 8

Rae's POV

Prince Damon. The prince that I was suppose to impress. The reason why I was brought here to Romania. He is holding hands with another girl! I quickly hid behind a bush and looked at the girl wanting to see her features. Her medium length blue curls, her chocolate brown eyes, fair skin, and red plush lips formed into a smile as she held hands with Prince Damon. She wore a short blue and red dress with a blue fur sleeve and black wedges paired with some gold jewelry. She reminded me of someone's daughter from the fairytale, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Pssh, that's unbelievable. Fairytales characters aren't real.

" So you are telling me that a princess from Ireland is here to stay because she needs to impress you? " , the blue-haired girl asked with crossed arms.

" It wasn't my idea. It was my parents' idea, darling. " ,  Damon sighed.

" And you couldn't have done something about that? You know that you had the power to reject the offer of meeting her! " , she huffed.

" I know, but I was curious to know what she looked like. I never met anyone from outside of Romania...except you. " , Damon said.

" And I'm not good enough for you?! " , the girl said darkly. " Am I not pretty enough for you?! "

My eyes widened seeing her clenched fist glow blue. I was so confused.

" Evie, my love, " , Damon said softly as he held her hands gently. " You are the fairest of them all. Fairer than Snow White and her daughter. I had no choice but to accept the offer because then people would become suspicious...we wouldn't want people to know that you aren't from here. "

Evie? Snow White and daughter? Snow White had a daughter? And fairest of them all? Ha, that's impossible...right?

" When am I going to be queen? " , this girl named Evie whined.

" Be patient, my apple pie. " , Damon cooed as he kissed her cheek.

I froze. That's all I could do at the point. I closed my eyes wishing that I never witnessed any of this non sense. Maybe I closed my eyes for too long because I opened my eyes to see the prince alone in the garden looking at some flowers. He whistled as a maid immediately went up to him.

" I'm still waiting for the Princess Rae. " , he said.

" Um, let me go fetch her. " , the maid said quickly before she bowed her head and walked away.

Right...I was supoose to meet him in the garden 30 minutes ago. He is probably wondering where I am...

I quickly ran out of the garden and accomplished hiding from the sight of the prince as I sneakily slipped back into the castle and avoided the maids knocking on every door. I was able to get into my room quietly and sighed as I leaned against my door breathing heavily. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down before I opened my eyes and looked at my empty suitcase lying on the floor in the corner and realized something.

I need to leave this place right away.