Chapter 31

Rae's POV

I slowly walked along the endless hallways on my way to Damon's room. I wore a red dress with black lace decorations at the bottom and top. Anna always knew my sense of style. Classy and Bold.

The hallways were filled with silence. Nobody was present except me. I examined paintings scattered around the walls and mini tables here and there until I stopped.

The lights suddenly started to dim on their own. The shadows appeared making the room feel eeire and spooky like a haunted house. I titled my head seeing a little boy on the other side of the hall. He had big, blue eyes, black hair, fair skin, and wore a pirate costume.

" Raegan. " , he spoke.

" Who are you? " , I asked him

" Your brother. " , he replied.

" I don't have a brother. " , I shook my head

" You do. Mommy and daddy just haven't told you. " , he stated.

" I'm an only child. " , I huffed.

He walked closer to me. The sound of the pirate boots clicking against the floor. In one hand he had a map and in another hand was replaced by a pretend hook. I saw the resemblance of myself and my eyes widened.

" I miss you. Very much. " , he said sadly.

" No...no. I don't have a brother! I'm an only child! " , I examined taking a few steps back.

The young boy approached me even closer and a smirk was plastered on his face.

" Raegan. You can't run from your past. You will have to face the truth soon. " , he replied but in a deep voice.

His eyes glowed white and the lights flickered to reveal a shadow. Not the shadow that is attached to you, but a shadow floating by itself. The shadow shown emptiness only having glowing white eyes as its feature. My heartbeat started beating fast. My hands were shaking.

" W-Who a-a-are y-you? " , I shuttered

" I'm Pan's shadow. " , he replied in a dark, deep voice

" Y-you p-played a trick o-on me! " , I huffed but still slightly shuttering.

" I was ordered to do so, Raegan. " , he stated.

" It's Rae. " , I mumbled.

" My apologizes, Rae. " , he corrected himself.

" W-what do y-you want? " , I asked with a shaky voice.

" Your presence in Neverland has caused a change in the atmosphere. It's different from any other visitor that Neverland has ever had. You, my dear, are a special young girl and I'm afraid that many people are after you. " , he warned me

" I didn't do anything! " , I hesitated

" You brought light to an island filled with darkness. " , the shadow pointed out.

" I don't have magic. " , I said

The shadow lightly chuckled. " Everyone has magic in them. It's called belief. " , he stated

" Oh. " , I murmured

" You have believed in Neverland's existence since you were a little girl. You believed in Peter Pan himself. " , he spoke

" I know, but I'm not a little girl anymore. " , I chuckled nervously

" And Pan isn't who you think he is. " , the shadow claimed. " The Pan silbings are dangerous. "

" Petra and Peter? Petra was nice to me and Peter was somewhat nice to me. " , I shrugged.

" That was them being merciful. " , the shadow stated.

" What do they want from me? " , I asked quietly.

" You are special, little one. So they want to keep you around. " , he said.

" How am I special? " , I asked confused. " They never mentioned me being special. "

" They don't mention a lot things. Both are very secretive. " , he stated.

" So why am I part of this? " , I asked.

" I can't tell you. " , the shadow said.

" So helpful. ", I said sarcastically. " Can't you help me? "

" No. I cannot. I'm under Pan's command only. " , he stated. " I suggest that you be aware of your surroundings and who you are with. "

" Okay...I will. " , I said nodding. " Thanks for the warning...I guess. "

The shadow nodded and floated away from me. Two figures lurked in the shadows a few feet away from me with glowing green eyes.

" Met your shadow, Peter. Creepy, yet nice fella. " , I hollered.

" Come to Neverland if you dare. " , he said.

" For you have been bewared. " , she said.

" The island calls your name. " , he said

" Don't take us for the blame. " , she said.

" Secrets are kept hidden for you to seek. " , he said

" You have a destiny that you must keep. " , she said.

" Darkness lurks to meet you at last " , he said.

" You can't run from the past. " , she said.

" Yeah. I know. I heard that riddle before. Still trying to figure out what the bloody hell it means. " , I hollered

" Want to play a game, Rae? " , Petra asked

" No...not really. " , I stated.

Her voice was creepy like in a creepy doll way.

" Let's play. " , Peter smirked

Their laughters were filled with evil and darkness and for a second I swear it didn't sound like them. I became scared and I closed my eyes.

" Stop laughing! Stop it! " , I demanded.

Then the laughing stopped and I opened my eyes to see Damon standing a few feet away from me. Crossed arms against his chest and a confused look.

I sighed.