|| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 ||

I arrived at Ciels manor in the early morning, only discover he was gone yet again on business. Or so the servants had informed me, my instincts knew it wasn't the truth. He was gone on another mission for her majesty.

It pained me to imagine what on earth he was doing, what extent the danger was.

I had to mentally remove it from my mind. I squeezed my eyes closed as I twitched the thoughts away. The moment I re opened my eyes to gaze apon the few servants I was aware of what I needed to do.

Decorate.

I began to put the servants to work, placing them in cute attire first, then handing out different projects.

I had Finny glue some golden paper stars to a banor, Bard create some cookie ortiments and Meyrin wrap a large streamer around the railing of the grand entry staircase. I followed closely behind her, tying small bows here and there.

If Ciel were to be gone on a mission dealing with who knows what, I can at Least give him something pretty to come home to.

I recall a few times Ciel grew irritated with my decorations, but I believe over time he's come to enjoy them! Well, at Least that's what I believe.. But I'm confident in it.

Meyrin was currently pressing in the tack that held the pink ribbon to the stair well, another single gold tack being held between her teeth. I would have offered to hold the sharp object but-.. As a lady, it isn't my place to be holding such things. So I stood beside her holding the spare ribbon as Meyrin was crouched down finishing up with her tacking.

I fiddled with the soft satin fabric that I held in my hands, the cotton soft and warm in my bare fingers. I focused on the small embroided hearts that desighned the ends of the ribbon, my maid being the one that stictched them in there. I really should of at least let her know I'd be running off.. Oh well, she's probably figured ive come here any way.

My thoughts were split into two at the moment. There were the thoughts of how my parents- my mother specifically, would react to my running off to Ciels again. Then there was my thoughts of what Ciels mission could possibly be. I know I had pushed them away earlier, but they crept back in un welcomed.

I wondered if maybe the servants knew? Then again, they never do. It would make it alot easier if Ciel were to tell me these things, tell me when or if he'll be running off on what I can only imagine severly dangerous missions. He could also bother to tell me how dangerous they were so I'm not just standing here like a fool decorating his manor, praying he will return back to me without a scratch.

I sighed softly, just loud enough to catch Meyrins already focused attention. It was intentional. She eyed me, her eyebrows furrowing with worry.

"Lady Elizatheth, ats ron?" Meyrin spoke through the metal tack being clentched between her teeth.

I pouted my lips to give the full afect, my feet digging into the soft surface of the carpet covering half of the stairs absent mindedly. "Im just... So worried about Ciel." I replied in a soft tone.

"Awe-" Meyrin fumbled for a moment. She dropped the task at hand, spitting out the tack being held in her mouth. "Miss, please dont worry. The young master will be fine, i assure you." She got to her feet in order to stand supportively beside me.

I shook my head, a short sigh passing through my lips. "It just scares me to imagine Ciel in such a dangerous situation.... Is... Is there any way you might know what that is?" I fluttered the long lashes of my emrald eyes, giving her a wide eyed gaze. This was a simple tactic I learned over time, it mostly worked on my brother than anyone. He's really the gulible type, atleast when it comes to me. I remember trying this with my mother once but it ended with her scoffing loudly at me and a long lecture of how to not undermind her.

Although it hadnt worked with many people, from what ive picked up about Meyrin, she seems to be the gulible type herself.

Meyrin hesitated at the question. Her teeth biting her bottom lip in what seemed to be thought. "Well.. Lady Elizabeth, I'm quite positive the young master wouldnt want you to know that." She raised her hand to scratch at her cheek gently. "He's protecting you from your worry!"

My shoulders slumped a bit at her words. So she did know. Maybe this means his mission is really dangerous? To dangerous to tell me? Then again, if she's always known which missions he was on and hasn't told me, perhaps there always extremely dangerous? Or she's just neglecting to tell me due to orders by Ciel. Either way, i cant brush my worries aside no matter what.

"I dont believe thats the case.." I trailed off. My fingers fiddling with the fabric of my dresses skirt absent mindedly. "I really am worried for Ciel. So please, tell me his mission. Or atleast some sugar coated coated explination of it?" I spoke more truthally this time around, my nerves beginning to get the best of me.

"Lady Elizabeth..." Meyrin began. She eyed her surroundings momentarily before deciding to continue, "a circus. Thats most of everything I know. Im sure that the young master will return to us unharmed, he does everytime." She had a reassuring smile on her lips. I could tell she was confident that her answer would ease my worries, but to be honest it had me more curious.

Circus? What would Ciel be doing investigating a circus? The circus is a fun place to go! Atleast from my knowlege.

Well, I got my answer.

I nodded as my thanks to her, she nodded back to me as assurance.

The rest of task was silent. It mostly consisted as meyrin spilling the jar of tacks and frantically searching for them along the many steps of the stair case. I remained in my place, watching as she did so with that bright content smile painted across my lips.