Nervous encounters

"Go on princess, just talk to him." Gwaine, the least professional of the Round Table Knights, shoves his king a little as he talks.

"I can't." Arthur, the strong, brave, egotistic king, says as his hands tremble beside him.

"Come on, you talk all the time. What's this moment from all the rest?" Arthur whips his head towards his friends and looks at him like he's crazy.

"Seriously?" Arthur whisper yells. "Look at him." Arthur looks back at his servant the sitting on the palace steps. A stack of papers resting on his lap and a pencil grasped between his fingers.

"He looks normal, he looks like Merlin." Gwaine looks at the servant thoroughly then back to his king.

"I think you must be blind. He does not look like normal Merlin. We just got done with a ceremony and I made him dress to the occasion." Merlin, the servant, had a white tunic on with a grey button up vest over it. He also has grey trousers to match his vest. The ceremony was different than what usually occurred. Everybody, even the servants, were to dress in formal dress.

Merlin had no clothes that would meet the formal dress code, so Arthur let him borrow something. Arthur was now slightly regretting it because Merlin looked wonderful in his clothing.

"Sorry princess, but this is for your own good." Arthur gave his knight a look of confusion which quickly turned to anger when Merlin was called over. "Merlin, come here!"

The boy on the steps looked up from his papers and looked around before his eyes set on Arthur and Gwaine. A big grin stretched across the brunettes face. He stood up gracefully and skipped down the steps. Arthur almost ran away when Merlin was strolling over to the two.

"Hello Gwaine, Arthur."

"Hey Merlin. Arthur wanted to tell you something." With that the long haired knight ran away. Arthur stared wide eyed at the running figure and cursed under his breath. He turned back to Merlin and smiles shakily.

"Y-you... um- you know," was all Arthur managed to stutter out.

"Are you alright? Your usual pratiness is gone." Merlin joked around with his master. Arthur smiled awkwardly at Merlin and nodded.

"Ah yeah. I- um just wanted to, uh tell you something. I just, um thought you look..... nice." Arthur wanted to stab himself for sounding so nervous. Merlin smiled at Arthur.

"Thanks, you look nice to." Arthur almost slapped Merlin for saying it so easily, but thought it wouldn't be very kind of him.

"Oh t-thank you." Merlin shook his head before walking away from Arthur. Arthur let out a breath and slumped his shoulders. What is wrong with him? Merlin has been his friend for years and he can't even talk to him correctly.

Yeeps, this liking Merlin thing is getting out of hand.