Fever

Never know how much I love you
Never know how much I care

The young king always admired his servant as the days went on. Though the king would never admit it, he found happiness when woken up by his servants voice. He felt warmth spread through his tired body when the first thing he saw each morning was a sloppy grin. It made his heart beat faster when the young servant would laugh or make a joke. But the king could never admit this, it just wasn't something he could bring himself to do.

During the night, the blonde king would stay up for a bit and think of his servant. He would think of his laugh, his voice, his smile, his insults, his jokes, his everything. Anything his servant did made him feel happy and giddy.

Arthur never would have fathomed he would care for and love a servant this much. Let alone the one that insulted him upon their first meeting.

When you put your arms around me
I get a fever that's so hard to bear

There was one faithful evening that kept the king up the whole night. It was the day of his loyal servants birthday. Only two people had remembered it was the servants birthday. His mentor, Gaius and his master, Arthur. The servant had only revived a quick 'happy birthday, Merlin' from his mentor. Though the young boy never expected anyone to remember, it still hurt him a bit.

When he was about to leave and bid his master goodnight, Arthur had called him back. Merlin had been expecting a last minute chore, not a gift and a happy birthday wish. Merlin opened the gift and stared at the token inside with shock. The token had a dragon pressed into it. Out of pure joy, Merlin had given Arthur a hug. The blonde's heart had sped up and he joked about the hug scaring him when Merlin asked.

You give me fever
When you kiss me

Though the two boys had never shared a kiss before, Arthur had thought of it day and night. He had always thought of what it would feel like, how it would start, how it would end, and how it would make him feel. The same thumping in his chest would arrive. The king really hated the thumping, but loved it at the same time.

Fever when you hold me tight
Fever! In the morning
Fever all through the night

Merlin had sometimes asked his master about the bags under his eyes. He had asked why Arthur wasn't sleeping. The blonde has just brushed it off saying something about kingly duties, but that was far from true. Some days the young brunette just plagued Arthur's mind too much.

Sun lights up the daytime
Moon lights up the night
I light up when you call my name
And you know I'm gonna treat you right

Every time the servant would say the kings name, the king felt a flutter in his stomach. Of course he would never let his love for Merlin saying his name show, but it was there. Arthur and Merlin had an odd relationship. It was full of joking insults and sometimes physical contributions. Arthur often insulted his servant, but never meant any harm to him. He always made sure Merlin knew he wasn't serious and Merlin did the same.

You give me fever
When you kiss me

When the two boys finally did admit their feelings and kiss, the world felt aflame. Both hearts had thumped wildly in the chests of the boys. Arthur felt his knees get weak when his lips touched those of his secret love, though it wasn't so secret anymore. Merlin felt his face grow hot at the contact he was experiencing. Both boys had the fever when their lips touched.

Fever when you hold me tight
Fever! in the morning
Fever all through the night

One thing that both boys loved greatly was cuddling. In the mornings they had laid together and it was the highlight of the days. At night they would give a kiss to signify a farewell. The fever was present all day and all night.

Everybody's got the fever
That is something you all know
Fever isn't such a new thing
Fever started long ago

The fever for both boys had started long before either could admit it. Arthur few weeks after their first meeting and Merlin a year or so after their first encounter.

What a lovely way to burn