Avacato × Reader

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

[ remember - part 1]
@Flamewing14

s: (y/n) is able to get the bomb off of Little Cato right before the hangar closes, no casualties included. everything's fine, but obviously not with Avocato (so she goes to talk to him).

warnings: spoilers for ep 6

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

You smiled upon the scene in front of you. After many years of search-and-fail, you and Avocato had finally found Little Cato (thanks to Gary of course). You took a deep breath, trying not to cry.

Avocato looked up at you, one hand on Little Cato's shoulder and the other reaching out to you. Little Cato was looking at you as well, a large smile on his face.

"Well? You gonna join us or what?"

You exhaled, running over to the two and giving them a 'Grade-A Mom Hug'. Little Cato nervously smiled, squeezing an arm out to pat you on the back.

"Were her hugs- always this tight?"

Avocato chuckled, ruffling Little Cato's mohawk and placing a quick kiss to your temple.

"You'll get used to it again, son."

A happy blush tinted your cheek as you squeezed the Venetrexians tighter. Everything was finally how you wanted it to be ever since that day five years ago. Perfect.

And then the beeping started.

You didn't have time to comprehend. All you saw was the confused look on Little Cato's face and Avocato's widening eyes. You had barely connnected the dots when you turned Little Cato around and spotted the bomb on his back. It had begun to beep faster, signifying that it wouldn't be long before it exploded.

Thinking fast, you tore the device off of Cato's back and frisbee'd it towards the slow-closing hangar. Everyone was tense as it clanked to the floor and spun around in a circle. You braced yourself for the impact when suddenly a SAME ran over and kicked it out of the closing.

A dull 'boom' was heard as the hangar closed.

You turned to everyone behind you. They all had general looks of surprise, especially Avocato. You looked at Little Cato, who had realized what just happened. Mom instincts kicking in, you grabbed him by his shoulders and checked the rest of him.

"Ohmygoshareyouokay? Nomorebombsright? Ishouldhavechckedbeforewehugged, I'msuchaterrible-"

Your incoherent rambling was interrupted by a tight hug. Your breath caught in your throat as Little Cato wiped his eyes.

"It's not your fault. I'm fine."

You looked down at the cat-boy, heart breaking. Inhaling, you hugged him back.

"I'm never letting go of you again, so you better get used to me by your side."

Little Cato let out a loose chuckle. Gary punched KVN after he had exclaimed about how 'intense that was', with Quinn and Mooncake sighing in relief.

None of you noticed the look on Avocato's face.