Gary × Reader

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

[ Notice ]

s: Gary recieves a choice from a familiar face.

warnings: angst, spoilers for ep10, relationship status is somewhere between friends and lovers idk

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Gary floated down, observing the white emptiness around him. It was warm, and if it weren't for the startling lack of anything, he would have mistaken it for the Galaxy One. This confused him, for the last thing he remembered was the not-so-comforting chill of space. As he descended to what he believed was a ground, a face began to come into view.

His eyes widened as his feet gently touched the ground. It couldn't be.

"(Name)?" He cautiously said, adressing the female in front of him. She smiled, nodding in acknowledgement. "Gary."

"What are you doing here? And. . .what is here?"

(Name)'s smile faltered the tiniest bit. "I think you already know the answer."

Gary frowned dismally. "Yeah. I was kinda hoping for a plot twist. Maybe another rebel titan's mind or something-"

"Gary."

(Name) interrupted Gary's out-loud thought, placing a hand on his shoulder. She was still smiling, but her eyes were filled with a seriousness that Gary had never got to see before.

"You need to make a choice."

Gary confusedly looked from her hand to her face. "What. . .choice?"

(Name) pointed a hand behind her. "Back there, is everything you've ever wanted. Your dad, friends, freedom. You wouldn't have to go back. Everything would be normal, better than normal."

Gary smiled excitedly.

"Really?"

"Really."

It sounded great. Gary would love nothing more than normality. A drink with Avocato, a light-hearted conversation with his dad, getting to see (Name) on a daily basis again. Everything would be fine. He looked behind himself. Nothing was there of course, but that didn't stop his urge to ask.

"And back there?"

(Name) took a quick glance behind Gary, one that was faster than a blink. She looked the space-man in his eyes.

"A perilous journey full of danger and heartbreak."

Sheesh. When put like that, it definetly sounded like the worse option. It was almost bad enough to make Gary drop everything and follow (Name) to wherever it was she had talked about. But Gary had made a promise. Two promises, actually. And his promises were bonds. Real. Raw. Bonds. As much as he wanted to stop, he knew he couldn't. At least, not yet.

He looked down. Then up at (Name). Then back behind him.

"Which way is Little Cato?"

'His promise to take care of Avocato's son.'

"Which way is Mooncake?"

'His promise to always be there for a friend.'

". . .Which way is Quinn?"

'His promise to. . .'

~×~×~×~

You watched as Gary faded away, a tear rolling down your face. John Goodspeed and Avocato walked to your sides, looking at where Gary had stood.

"Don't worry (Name)." Avocato said, placing a paw on your shoulder.

"Gary's a great kid. He's got this." John continued, crossing his arms and smiling with pride.

You smiled, more tears following the first.

"I know."