4 | heaven upside down

Draco felt strangely warm, his skin heating up, body temperature changing with the atmosphere around him. He didn't dare look, oh definitely not. He kept his knees tightly wound up to his chest, arms wrapped around himself safely, and his were eyes screwed tightly shut while burying his head in between his bony knees. He didn't want to see where he had landing, his heart was already pounding loudly in his chest, indicating that he was completely petrified.

His breathing was faltered, lower lip trembling with upmost fear, and he actually jumped when he heard the sharp sound of a slap, presumably something hitting against skin. There were lots of noises actually, the angel just tried his best to block the bone chilling sounds out, to listen to his fast paced heart beat instead of the tormenting screams.

He really didn't want to see where he landed, but he knew exactly where he landed. Draco was wholeheartedly denying it, every fiber in his being was telling him that the place that was currently surrounding him wasn't true; that he was home, safe.

God, he's very aware that he made a mistake and he's two seconds away from bursting into outright tears. Fingers tangled into his clean white robes, a tiny whimper came from his plump lips, and he kept his eyes tightly shut. Not even taking a little peek, no, this wasn't what he meant when he said he wanted a peek. Draco officially took it too far, but it was merely an accident.

There was an angel that witnessed him fall, surely that angel had already gone to get some help. Which brought some hope into Draco's blackened mind. Yeah, maybe they're already trying to get him out. Eventually that'll happen, but he can't wait too long, who knows what could happen in that duration. His mother and father will definitely get worried when he doesn't return from lessons, where they assumed the blond was.

Draco continued to shake where he sat, tiny body shivering every millisecond, teeth beginning to gnaw at bubblegum lips in anticipation.

Then he froze. He froze instantly at the sound of footsteps steadily approaching him. A tear forced its way out of his tear ducts, sliding across his waterline and building up in the corner, soon to fall down his heated up cheeks.

Attempting to curl further into a ball as a type of protection, Draco's pulse quickened at the idea of someone, or something standing in front of him, staring directly at his vulnerable state.

"What do we got here, hm?" A hoarse voice spoke, interest peaking up in the tone. Draco presumed that it was a man. "An angel? A young one that is."

Draco didn't like the sound of that, but he didn't risk raising his voice and saying something. He stayed eerily silent.

"Don't be afraid, little one." The voice tried to coax, "I'm not going to hurt you."

With the darkness consuming his mind, one eye gently began to reopen. A silver orb was gratefully greeted with the sight of his slightly smudged lesson robe. Dirt scraped across the once nicely clean fabric.

He nearly forgot about the other person within his presence because a playful chuckle was heard. "Come on, it's not safe for you here in the open. I can't really help you, but I know someone who can."

Help him? They actually want to help him? Draco would've never thought that the demons of the underworld would help an angel. Well, he was sure not all of them were like that, and he didn't want to encounter one that was more... aggressive. Despite being offered help, Draco was still paralyzed where he sat. He couldn't bend his toes or turn his head, too afraid of absolutely everything. The noises that were emerging around him deeply added to the growing sensation of fear.

Screams after screams, sounds of metal against metal or skin, snarls of some kind. It was all a little overwhelming that more tears managed to stain his pretty pale cheek. He shakily wiped them away with his whitened knuckles, keeping his head bowed and stowed away in between bony knees.