8 | innocence lost

The angel's eyes were closed, nose pressed into the crook of Harry's neck as he was carried. He tried to block out the unsettling sounds that emitted from around him, but he knew he would be unharmed as long as he was secure in the demon's arms. The dull ache of the wound on his inner thigh still made him whimper in uncomfortable pain from time to time, but he should be getting that healed up quite soon. Poor Draco wasn't used to any sort of physical pain, it was a new, fresh experience.

Thick, tanned fingers coiled around his pudgy thigh, the pale flesh being pressed in, holding his weight up effortlessly. Grey eyes peaked out from the safety of Harry's neck and got a sneaky glance to where they were. He instantly regretted it, he thought what he had already seen was bad enough, but what his pure eyes landed on gave him chilly goosebumps along his skin.

The said mutant wolves were chowing down on something, their growls of possessiveness of the food echoed, their snouts doused in blood and lips curled up to show their deadly teeth. The hounds made eye contact with Draco, and the angel was displeased, terrified and shaking. He didn't want to end up like the thing that was currently being eaten by the dogs. Instinctively, his head retreated back into Harry's neck. He heard a clear chuckle vibrate through the raven's throat.

"It's scary, too scary," the angel mumbles, his lanky arms tightening around Harry's broad shoulders, not thinking much of the action. "You're scary."

That odd, unfamiliar was reappearing in Draco's stomach, unable to decipher if it was a bad or genuinely good feeling. Maybe he'd experiment later, but wasn't that a sin? He was taught to not act upon his urges. He felt utterly nasty, revolting to even be thinking about such thoughts. The angelic boy's legs curled further around Harry's waist, very well knowing how terrified he was, but that didn't erase the reassuring sense of safety.

"You won't hurt me, right?" Draco whispers softly, needing to be assured constantly, needing for his paranoia to subside. "I don't want you to hurt me."

Harry's voice was rough, scratchy, and oh so comforting. "I won't hurt you unless I need to," the taller replies darkly, keeping his vision straight ahead, continuing to walk to their destination.

After that, Draco kept his mouth shut and waited patiently for the walk to end. He was quite enjoying himself though, the peacefulness of being held in someone's arms. He's never done anything like this in Heaven, and non-ironically, it was heavenly. The warmth of another being pressed against him was endearing. Draco was almost sad to be released from being carried when the demon hastily announced that they have arrived.

Carefully, his legs unwrapped themselves and his foot was gently placed back on the ground. Both of Draco's agile arms slid away from Harry's neck and they were brought back down to his sides.

"This is where you live?" The angel asked, peering his eyes over at the demon.

"Yeah," he replies blandly. "I know you're probably not used to this, but you're staying here wether you like it or not. I don't trust those dumbasses to look after something as precious as you." Harry bellowed, walking towards the door that was similar to the one the Draco tried to push open earlier.

Draco was too busy standing in the same place, looking down at the ground with a blush growing on his cheeks as he fumbled with his fingers. "You think I'm precious?" The blond whispered, making Harry stop in his tracks, relishing in a deep sigh.

"As in you're an angel, don't get things mixed up, kid."

Frowning, Draco kept his head hung low, following the tall man through the steel door. This place was much different from the tiny cell he stayed in, it was more open, with more furniture per say. The angel strongly ignored the other, hellish things in the living area. Like the rusty or bloodied chains, multiple kinds of axes, and the single scythe that hung proudly on the wall.