f o u r t e e n

2 weeks later

I sit on the couch with Mak, Andres, and India watching Harlem Nights. India sits a little far away from me. For the past two weeks it's been awkward between us. Since that kiss neither of us know how to act. I want to just tell her how I feel but I don't want to scare her away. There's a strong chance I may be wrong but I think she's struggling with that too. I know she has to have some kind of feelings for me or she wouldn't have kissed me back at her house. She would've pushed me away and shut that shit down.

Harley comes running in and jumps in my lap.

"Wow Harley so you're not gonna say 'hi' to anyone?" Makayla asks. Harley climbs up on me and buried her face in my neck.

"Harley go say 'hey' please." She gets down and goes to hug Mak.

"Can I get a hug too." India asks.

"Okay, but give Bryson one too." Harley negotiates. India's eyes pop and she looks over at me. I shrug.

"Fair enough." She gets up and I get up too. She wraps her arms around my neck and I wrap mine around her waist. I feel a soft kiss on my neck then she steps back then turns to Harley. "You're next kid." She squats down and opens her arms for Harley to run into.

"Bryson I'm hungry." Makayla says. She stands up and nods towards the kitchen.

"You know where the food at." I shrug.

"It's rude to raid someone's kitchen. Come with me." She says through her teeth. I roll my eyes and get up and follow her to the kitchen. I open the fridge and grab the carton of juice. When I turn around Makayla is staring at me intensely.

"What?" I ask.

"So when were you going to tell me about you and India?" She whispers. How did she know? "I saw her kiss your neck."

Oh.

"There's nothing to tell." I shrug. She cuts her eyes at me. "Alright, after the little fight with her ex I went to check on her and we ended up kissing. Well I kissed her. But she kissed back."

"That was like weeks ago, why didn't you tell me."

"Because I knew you would try to get me and her together."

"Of course. But if you were on the outside looking in you would see the way y'all look at each other." I roll my eyes at her. "I'm serious Bryson, I know y'all like each other."

"We're just friends."

"Okay, keep telling yourself that." She walks away to the living room. I stand here for a second trying to collect my thoughts so I check my phone. I see a text from Kehlani but my phone is on 5%. I sigh and run up stairs to get my charger.

I look around my bed for my charger when I here a small gasp. I turn around and see India holding her hand over her heart.

"You good?" I ask. She nods.

"Andres was in the one downstairs so Harley brought me up here." She explains.

"It's all good."

"Okay." She looks around my room and spots my robot. "Aaw this is cute." She walks towards it.

I walk over to her and pick it up and hand it to her. "Yeah Harley wants it but I'll wait until she gets older." She nods.

"Dragon Ball Z?"

"Of course."

"Nerd much?" She giggles.

"Girl whatever. If you watched it you'd understand the hype." I'm right behind her standing fairly close. She looks up at me with her beautiful eyes. "Maybe we can watch it together."