f i f t e e n

3 days later

I lay on the bed while Kehlani sleeps in my arms. After school she picked me up and brought me to her apartment. I met her roommate Ed, he seems cool. He assured me he was taking care of Lani. We talked for a while then once Ed left we started watching a movie and she fell asleep. She looks so beautiful as she lays comfortably on me.

My phone starts ringing and buzzing on the bed so I pick it up.

"Hey you still coming?"Andres asks me.

"Yeah man I'm with Kehlani I'll be there in a second." I tell him.

"Oh yeah I think India was talking to Mak about her."

"Foreal, what'd she say?" I ask.

"Nothing much, just that y'all were spending a lot of time together."

"We are. How did she say it though?" I ask.

"She seemed a little ticked off but I know it's just because she don't want to see you on another girl." He explains.

"How you know?"

"Man y'all are terrible at hiding y'all feelings. And to my understanding it's not just with India."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"She can see your feelings for Kehlani. Shit, I can too. The way you be talking about her at school shows it all. That's why she's been so shifty around you."

I look down at Kehlani beautiful sleeping face. "Damn man, I do have feelings but I don't know what to do with them."

"Don't think it about it right now. Just come to my party. You can bring Kehlani if you want." He offers.

I look down at Keh again. "Ight we on the way."

He hangs up and I put my phone down.

"Keh." I shake her a little. "Kehlani." I lean down and start to kiss all over her face. "Baby."

Her eyes flutter open and her neck cringes at the kisses. "Stop that tickles."

"Come on we're going to a kickback."

"Where", she asks.

"My friend's house, just put on some shoes." I tell her. She nods and looks for some shoes.

We walk out of her apartment and get into her car. I direct her to Andres's house. His parents are out for the weekend so you know we had to do something. When we pull up to the house we can hear the music softly bumping. We walk into the house together with me leading the way. There's people on the couches in the living room smoking and drinking, others just stand and talk or dance. We  find India and Mak sitting at the table in the kitchen drinking.

They smile when they see me and stand up to give me a hug.

"Hey B!" Mak says.

India looks at me and her smiles drops. And when Kehlani steps out beside me and I see it drop more.

"Oh hey Kehlani, so glad you could come." Mak says.

"Me too." Lani says,

"Want a drink?" Mak asks her.

"Yeah, Bry you want something?" Lani asks me. She touches me arm when she says this.

"Nah Ima get something later, go have fun." Lani nods and they walk away to get drinks. I put my hands in my pockets and stand there awkwardly across from India. She sips her drink and avoids eye contact. "Hey Love."