Emptiness

Naruto's POV

The war was finally over. Madara was defeated. But, nobody won. The five great nations were destroyed, nothing was left except for a few survivors. But no one from the leaf legion survived, aside from me.

"Sakura-chan, Sasuke, Kakashi-sensei, Shikamaru, Choji, Kiba, Shino, Neji, Rock Lee, Tenten, Ino, Hinata." I saw their bodies lying on the floor lifeless. All except for one, "I guess Hinata got covered by the other bodies." I thought.

I stood up from my crouching position, and started to walk to Konoha. Or where Konoha once stood.

"Wow, I guess nothing's left here." I mumbled.

A small gust of wind blew across my face. I followed where it blew, and what I saw was definitely true.

"I-It's the tree where I always sat on—hm?" I said.

I gasped in shock to see the girl, whom I realized I've loved during the war, the girl whom I thought died, was there behind the tree that I saw, barely breathing.

"H-Hinata...Hinata...HINATA!" I shouted.

Hinata's POV

"HINATA!" I heard a voice call.

That voice...it's kind of familiar...

I tried to open my eyes which was covered in blood. Footsteps...I hear footsteps, I felt someone wipe the blood from my eyes, I slowly opened them, and I felt relieved to see the man I've been looking for after the war. "N-Na...ruto-kun?" I slowly asked. I didn't hear a reply but instead I felt someone hug me, it was a warm feeling.

"I-I...thought you...died..." I heard sobs.

"Naruto?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah?" He sniffed.

"It's alright...you don't need to worry, I'm here." I said, returning the hug

"W-We...need to fix things up." Naruto said.

"But how? I-I mean...everything's gone." I exclaimed.

Naruto's POV

"But how? I-I mean...everything's gone." Hinata said.

"Kit. I think there's a solution for that." Kurama said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"There's this jutsu I know that could take you back in time." The fox said.

"T-There is?" I questioned.

"Just put your hand along with Hinata's on that tree and channel some chakra to it. And I'll handle the rest." Kurama stated.

"Hinata?" I asked.

"Y-Yes?" She replied.

"I just need you to trust me on this one." I said.

"Okay."

I took her hand and put it on the tree and said, "now channel some of your chakra on it." She channeled her chakra and I did the same.

I felt some weird tingling sensation and before I knew it we were both on the ground unconsious.