Chapter 5

He knocked on the door and slipped into the room

He knocked on the door and slipped into the room. All six boys looked up at him when he walked in. Their eyes appraised his appearance, as he closed the door behind him.

Jungkook whistled. "Wow." His eyes are wide. "You clean up well."

"Thanks." Suga smiled, bashfully.

"You should roll the sleeve back down," Taehyung said, throwing an arm around Jimin, "Sweater paws are always a good concept."

Suga shrugged and did as he was told, even if felt a little weird to have the motion of his hands hindered. (He blamed his ingrained setter instincts to want to be able to do precise hand movements).

Namjoon clapped his hands, drawing everyone's attention. "We've got half an hour to prep Suga on being an idol."

"Years worth of training boiled down into 30 minutes," Jimin laughed.

Suga was led to one of the chairs in the middle of the room, while the boys gathered around him. He was taught body language, how to deal with the press, what to say, how to interact with fans, and how Yoongi acted around the rest of the members.

They realized that his Korean wasn't good enough, but his Japanese was too good to be believable. In order to counteract this the group decided that he should avoid talking when he could, but to use both languages in the hope that the fans would blame inconsistencies on being tired from travel and the dual language use.

Hoseok was trying to coach him on making the perfect finger hearts, when Jimin dragged him toward a mirror and gestured for him to take a seat. He's handed a toothbrush and Taehyung laid out some make-up on the table. The boys took turns applying it, each of them debating which products looked the best.

Suga's phone buzzed in his pocket. He skimmed the notification and announced, "Our ride will be here in five minutes. They'll be waiting in the parking garage across the street."

He looked up and saw himself clearly in the mirror for the first time since sitting down. The rest of the members had dispersed to various corners of the room to get ready, while he stared in amazement of his appearance. His skin looked flawless and the bags under his eyes were practically invisible. He actually thought that there might be a chance that they could pull this off.

Hoseok tossed him a bucket hat from across the room, while Namjoon handed him a face mask to slip on before they left. He quickly snapped a mirror selfie in order to commemorate his first (and hopefully only) outing has a faux Korean idol. Jungkook slapped him on the back and led him out of the room.

He found himself squished in the middle of the rest of the members. Hoseok joked with Jin in front of him, while Jungkook kept a hand on the small of his back to lead him. He could hear Jimin and Taehyung talking further back, and Namjoon led the group to the side doors.

Namjoon turned around when he reached the doors. He gave the group an assessing look and caught Suga's eyes. He nodded as if to reassure himself that this would work and flashed Suga a small, unreadable smile.

Screams erupted as the door was pushed open. Suga took a deep breath and pushed the mask further up his face before following the group out. He was nearly blinded by the camera flashes and could barely hear his own thoughts in the shouts of euphoric fans.