The Princess (Part 2)

4/22/18

(Warning: This may or may not be sad.... I, for one, was sad!)

You said not a word after Meta Knight said that. You pulled your legs close to your body and wrapped your arms around them, hugging them tightly. You rested your chin on your knees, looking down as you whispered, "You're wrong."

Meta Knight arched a brow. "What do you mean? I know I'm not mistaken."

You looked up at the sun that was lowering in the sky. It was getting closer to the horizon as the sky began to show light traces of pink and scarlet hues. "Meta Knight.... Would you mind if I told you the story?"

"Tell me everything." He replied reassuringly.

That said, you took a deep breath as you began. "It all happened the day of my coronation...."

~~~~~~~~

You woke up, hearing the palace doors open. You dashed downstairs, a bright smile on your face. However, the people you saw in the foyer weren't who you expected. Their faces were solemn, on the brink of tears.

"Hello?" You asked as you reached the bottom of the staircase.

The two men turned around to reveal the familiar faces of your parents' best soldiers, without their helmets. "(Y/N), we have grave news." They handed you a small envelope, stained with splotches of crimson.

You took out the letter, which was written on crinkly, ripped paper carrying splotches the same crimson as the envelope. As you read further and further, you began to break down. Tears and sobs were released as you sunk to your knees, howling in despair.

That had been two hours ago from where you now stood. You stood in front of your father's throne, facing the people of your kingdom. Your mother's throne was to its right, while yours sat to the left. However, their thrones were empty, just as they would be for the rest of eternity. Your parents would never sit in those chairs again, for they would never even step foot on the world again.

You stood with perfect posture, trying to hold back your emotions. However, your face bore a solemn, broken down face with little life left. You didn't even glance at your parents' two soldiers, not even as they crowned you with a replica of your mother's tiara that she used to wear before she got married.

The soldiers pulled back and stepped to the side. You looked out at everyone, accepting the silence. Nobody applauded, and you knew exactly why. After all, you then heard it from the small murmurs of the people themselves as they were gathered at the after party.

You sat in your throne, not even having the heart to take your now respected place at your father's, nor even your mother's, throne. You watched everyone, wine glasses held in hand as they mumbled about amongst each other.

You heard it all. You knew they weren't every trying to keep quiet about it. They called you nasty names. They claimed you shouldn't be ruler for you didn't have the gorgeous looks of a princess or queen. Instead, they insisted you bore an ugly, revolting appearance.

Others claimed you didn't deserve the throne. They hated you, blaming you for the death of your parents. After all, they had gone on a trip to get you a secret present for you coronation. Had they not gone on that, they would not have arrived the planet that was now overrun with vicious, vile monsters.

Every single word spoken in the Throne Room pierced right through your heart as you slowly began to descend into despair. Hearing all the negative things from your people, with not a single one being positive, led you to believe them. So there you sat. The new queen, ugly and unworthy whilst at the same time being declared a murderer.