The Knight Festival

9/3/20 - 9/7/20
(A/N: Shoutout to Lost_In_The_Rhythm  for their BEAUTIFUL Meta Knight x Reader oneshot book. Their writing made me fall in love with MK all over again! Thank them for this update because we made a pact! Don't forgot to go read their new chapter and add their book to your reading list(s)! 💙)

"Yes, yes! Everything looks fantastic so far!" You cheered, scribbling away in your notebook. A small yet rapid shimmy of excitement was produced in addition.

Whispy Woods was looking better than ever, and it was all thanks to the countless decorations both strung and sitting about. Giant glass orbs glowing with varying colors of starlight, all connected by long strings, were weaved throughout the many branches and trees. In addition, tiny white fairy lights were strung about as well. Those alone would make any forest seem extra magical, especially as they did now in the sunset and later in the moonlight, but there was so much more!

Small, homey stands were set up in the area, some with games and others with costumes and accessories. If the stand wasn't there to sell swords, shields, or armor sets made of plastic, then there were heroic games or books of ancient warrior history to be found.

Homey stands aside, there were a few stands in particular that were to serve food. Fruits, meals, snacks, anything! It was easy to decipher which stands bore food and which bore activities, for the wafting smell of the food alone was enough to pique one's interest. However, the food stands all had large menu signs sitting outside.

Circling around Whispy himself, long tables were placed about in an orderly fashion with benches to provide seating. The tables were covered by white tablecloths of upmost elegance, and the wooden benches all had plenty of velvet cushions resting on them. A lone candelabra, lit with vibrant flames, was resting in the middle of each table, as were bowls of Whispy's fresh apples up for grabs.

"Again, I can't thank you enough for letting us do this!" You smiled at Whispy, folding your arms across your chest in a content manner as you admired the near final product. "Everyone will love it, and I'm sure you'll appreciate the company!"

"It's no problem, (Y/N)!" He hummed. "It's for a noble cause, after all!"

You laughed at his joke and sent him a knowing wink. "Yes, very noble indeed!"

As the Cappies were putting up the finishing touches, Tiff came over to you with a suspicious look on her face. "So what's all this about, (Y/N)? You haven't told anybody yet!"

"It's my secret!" You giggled. "Don't worry, everyone will know soon enough. Now, keep an eye on things while I'm gone!"

"What!? Wait, where are you going?"

"I just have to go get the guests of honor."

It was Whispy who laughed at your joke this time. "Ah, very clever!" As the two of you shared some exaggerated laughter, Tiff couldn't help but wonder what the heck you were planning. She was also wondering what the heck Whispy knew that she didn't.

"Anyways, I'll be back in a few minutes!" You waved to Tiff and Whispy before skipping merrily out of the woods. Your skipping slowly turned into a brisk walk before eventually turning into a speedy jog. "They're gonna love this! I just know they will!"

You ran down the trails and passed through Cappy Town, which was now empty since every last Cappy was back in Whispy Woods. All that was left was the final trail, the final stretch before you arrived at Dedede's castle. After that, it was just a matter of sneaking around until you found who you were looking for.

As you snuck around the castle, trying to avoid Dedede and Escargoon, you openly invited any and all Waddle Dees you saw. "Don't tell Dedede, but we're having a party in Whispy Woods tonight! You're welcome to come if you want. There'll be good food!" And with that enticing offer, any and all Waddle Dees dropped their spears and began running out of the castle. "So cute."