The Cold War

4/23/18 - 4/25/18

(Ha! A little Global Studies pun for the title! XD Probably one of the few and only things I'll actually remember from that class after finals.... I really hate history.)

You woke up to your grumbling stomach. Still drowsy, you looked at the clock to see it it was about midnight. "Only midnight?" You laughed to yourself. "It's not even that late!"

You looked beside you to see your boyfriend, Meta Knight, still sleeping soundly beside you. Although, he didn't exactly consider himself your boyfriend. He insisted that he be referred to as 'your knight in shining armor,' instead. You smiled to yourself as you watched his relaxed form slowly breathe in peace. You suppressed a giggle when he mumbled something in his sleep.

You quietly crept out of bed and grabbed the candle holder that held the dim candle as you carefully snuck out of the room, desperately trying not to wake Meta Knight, nor Sword and Blade. You entered the castle hallway as you made your way toward the kitchen. Little did you know that piercing, yellow eyes had followed your form as you left the room.

You quietly cracked open the door, peering in to see no Waddle Dees in sight. The entirety of the castle must be asleep by this point. You opened the door slightly more, leaving just enough room for your figure to slip through. Forgetting to close the door, you made your way to the kitchen cabinets.

You placed the candle on the counter as you opened every single one, but you never found any food that seemed even the slightest bit appetizing. You frowned to yourself, but perked up when you spotted the fridge.

But that was just as disappointing as the cabinets. There was practically nothing in there! And you weren't going to eat a raw fish. That takes too long to cook, anyway! Someone would surely catch you if you tried to cook it. Not to mention the fact that the delicious smell would probably wake up Dedede, and he would dash to the kitchen to get even more food in his fat body.

Opening the freezer, your eyes widened with a gasp. There it was! The sacred food! The container of delectable sweets! Hail to your precious ice cream! And it was your favorite flavor too! Oh, bless the stars! And to think that there was eight containers of them!

You greedily took out all of them and set them on the counter. You grabbed an ice cream scooper, ready to dig in. However, in your excitement, you forgot that the ice cream needed to sit out for a few minutes to warm up enough to be able to scoop it. Nonetheless, you ran the metal scoop under scorching hot water and prepared to chow.

As you did so, somebody was watching you through the open crack left by the opened door. Yellow eyes followed your every movement from within the kitchen. Meta Knight's eyes had turned green when he saw your eyes light up after opening the freezer, but returned to their normal state when he realized it was due to the ice cream.

After opening only one container, you used all of your strength to force the ice cream scooper into the frozen treat. It refused to budge when you tried to scoop any up. Frustrated, you used both hands to try and force the scooper to pull up some ice cream.

You watched in shock as that plan backfired and, instead, the scoop of ice cream launched into the air and stuck onto the ceiling. "Uh oh." You held a hand over your mouth, trying not to laugh at the silly turn of events. "Um, how do I do this?"

You looked around, trying to see if there was something that you could easily pick up and move around to be able to stand on. However, everything seemed either too big or too heavy. "Maybe I could-" You turned to look up at the ice cream, only for it to fall straight onto your face.

Meta Knight, who was watching in amusement, snickered as he tried to refrain from laughing at all. But it was priceless! How you immediately stopped talking when the ice cream hit your face, and how you just stood there hopelessly afterward. He just hoped that you hadn't heard him.