9: A Talented Young Man | P.P

A/N: For this imagine, pretend Peter literally JUST became Spider-man. Like maybe two or three months ago.

This imagine was requested by
Mrs_Tom_Holland

"Morning Y/N! Come sit down!"

Peter yelled across the cafeteria. Chuckling, you fought your way over there and plonked down on the bench. Ned noticed how exhausted you were and raised his eyebrows. "You ok Y/N?"
"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine."
Peter elbowed Ned quite sharply. "Look! It's Liz." Peter said. You sighed and felt tears well up in your eyes. Peter's eyes turned all lovey dovey as he gazed across the hall.
Without saying anything, you grabbed your bag from under the table and scuttled off to science, keeping your head down. Annoyingly, you sat next to Peter. While he was your best friend, you were sad that was all he was.

As you suspected, throughout your lesson, Peter pestered you about why you left without excusing yourself.
"Come on, Y/N. You can tell me! I'm your best friend, aren't I?"
"I'd rather not tell you. It's nothing personal, I just don't think I feel comfortable talking to you about it."

Peter huffed and went back to writing.

As science was your last lesson of the day, you and Peter walked down the hall together and out to the front of school. "Bye Peter."
No response.
"Peter?"
He'd disappeared.
"He's probably seen Liz and ran after her." You thought.
As these thoughts clouded your mind, tears rolled down your cheeks. You began to walk home... alone. Everyday, you walked with Peter. But not today.

Once you were a few streets away from the school, you fully let yourself go. The sobs wracked through your body like claps of thunder.

You were too engulfed in your sadness to notice a red and blue covered figure soar through the air and land on the pavement in front of you.

"Hey, Miss."

You jumped and looked up.

Spider-man. He was standing in front of you. You'd only seen him a couple times in the few months he'd been active.

"What do you want?" You choked out.

"I'd like to talk to you. I'm kinda worried, I mean, you're crying, is everything ok?""

"Not really. Why should I trust or tell you anyway. I've got no idea who you are!"

"I'm a good person. I won't tell anyone. Shall we go somewhere quiet?" He asked. You smiled.

"My house? No one's home."

Spider-man nodded and whisked you away. Somehow, he found exactly the right house, but in your whirl of emotions, you didn't question it.

As soon as you entered your room, you splurged.

"I li-like my best friend. And he likes someone else and he is just so oblivious and how he doesn't notice I'll never understand but clearly I'm not good enough for him and that pretty girl Liz is everything he needs."

Peter, under the mask, took everything in. Gradually, everything made sense. He'd been so stupid!

"What's your friend's name?"

"Peter. Parker."

"I know that guy. I know Liz too... not that she knows me. I can tell you now that Peter doesn't really like her, he's just pushing his feelings for someone else away."

"Do you know who that is?"

Sighing, Peter took off his mask. Before you could say anything, he whispered, "You."

Your eyes widening, you tried to process everything. Your crush of three years liked you... and he was Spider-man.

"Why didn't you tell me, Peter? About all of this?"

"I was too scared. On both counts."

"You know, I don't care. Just kiss me."

And he did.

And you were not ready for his talents.