Electrifying - Denki Kaminari x Reader

First official one shot, here we go!!

lighting babe,,, whatta hottie honestly

Also, this was the first one shot I've ever written, so that's my excuse for it being an absolute atrocity :")

this literally has no plot at all and it's short and dumb so i apologize ahead of time

"I cannot BELIEVE you!" I sighed exasperatedly.

Uraraka, my best friend, had told Kirishima about my crush on Kaminari.

"I'm sorry, okay? It just kind of slipped out!" She apologized for the fifth time.

"I SUPPOSE it's okay, as long as he doesn't tell anyone..." I huffed.

"Is it true, then, Y/N?" Aishido suddenly rushed up to me.

"Is what true?" I asked, stiffening.

"That you like Kamin-" Realizing where she was going with it, I slapped a hand over her mouth, blushing profusely.

"Yes, but keep it down! Anyway, who told you that?" I whisper-yelled as I removed my hand from her mouth, my face redder than that big-mouth Kirishima's hair.

"Tsu!" Aishido exclaimed.

"Wait, Asui told you?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, she said she heard it from Hagakure, who heard it from Ojiro, who heard it from Sero, who heard it from Kirishima, who heard it from Uraraka!" She replied.

I blushed an even deeper shade of red, partially from embarrassment and partially from anger. Uraraka attempted to slip away while I wasn't looking, but I grabbed her by the shirt collar, causing her to let out a scared squeak.

I dragged her away from Aishido, into the corner.

"What am I supposed to do now? At this point, more than half the class knows about my thing for Sparky!" I sighed.

"Well, y'know... You could tell him, face-to-face, so that at least he hears it from you and not, say, Mineta?" She suggested quietly, clearly nervous around the flustered/angry me.

I looked at her like she'd grown a second head.

"Are you kidding me? I can't just... What... what are you looking at?" I asked, unable to focus due to Uraraka seeming to suddenly notice something behind me, and slowly lifted her hand, pointing to it. She looked horrified. I turned around to see what she was looking at, and she took off in the other direction.

My eyes widened in utter mortification at the scene unfolding in front of me.

Everyone in 1A, save for a few people, crowded around Kaminari. They were all clearly talking about the same thing: my crush on him.

I knew this because he was looking across the room, red in the face, directly at me.

I was lightheaded at this point, and a little dizzy. Nauseous, even. My face was a bright, bright red.

The crowd parted as Kaminari began to shuffle through, towards me. I gulped, not knowing what to do.  He walked closer and closer, not stopping when he was only a foot in front of me, so I started backing up, until I hit a wall.

Only then did he stop, barely a few inches away from me. The whole class seemed to be holding their breath in anticipation, watching from the other side of the classroom.

"So, uh... I take it you've heard the news?" I asked awkwardly. My face was red, his pinkish.

He said nothing in reply, only stared down at me intensely (he was taller than me, but just by a little bit).

The tension in the air was so thick you could cut through it with a knife.

"Um, I'm sorry about all this. It's probably weird and I know you probably don't like me back, but, um, I-" I began nervously.

Then, without warning, Kaminari leaned down and kissed me. One of his hands went to the back of my head, the other to my waist. I blushed a deep, deep red, but his eyes were closed so he couldn't see me anyway. The class behind him was silent for a moment, but then they started collectively screaming and cheering.

I had no idea what else to do, so I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

When, to my dismay, he eventually pulled away, he smirked.

"Thank god I didn't have to make the first move." I murmured, my face still burning.

"So, are we, like... official now?" He asked after a moment, the class still screeching like a bunch of banshees.

"Do you want to be?" I asked quietly.

"I... Yeah, I'd like that." He smiled down at me and, once again, kissed me.

~Cottontongue 🌸