{2: Do What We Tell You To}

madison's pov. russia.

Blood drips off my claws, making a puddle next to my feet.

I feel like it comes from my heart. Every time I kill someone, my heart bleeds. I still don't get it. I've been doing this for 8 years. When will come the point that I am used to all this killing? If Aliyanova were here, I could ask her.

General Kornikiv nods his head and rubs his hands together. He grins like an evil Cheshire cat, and his voice drips like oil.

"Gooddd, gooodd."

I let out my breath and retract my claws.

"Again."

"If I'm not mistaken, General, I've already done this routine 37 times. We normally do it only 20 at most," I suggest, hoping for some a break today.

General Kornikiv's eyes flash. Inwardly, I flinch, but force myself to remain still on the outside.

"There are many more prisoners we need executed. And let me remind you who has control over your life, Nika."

I steel my glare as best I can. "Ultimately, I do."

He shrugs. "Sure. But I could just stun you, and then take this gun here and shoot you through the temple."

I shut my lips, and General Kornikiv chuckles, fingering the pistol in his holster.

One of the trainers enters the room. "General, Director's here to see you."

General Kornikiv nods curtly. "Shall I go see him?"

"He'll come here," the trainer replies.

The General gives me an evil grin. "One more, Weapon M."

I flinch at the name as his assistant disappears through the back door, soon reappearing, leading a man out in chains.

"Ohh, this is going to be good." General Kornikiv rubs his hands together, looking pleased. "This man was arrested for killing an officer. Let's see if you can kill him now."

Just then, the door opens, and Director Pitrych enters.

"Good evening, Director." General Kornikiv shakes his hand. "You are just in time to see a wonderful showcase of our best experiment: Weapon M. Proceed." He nods to me, and the trainer releases the man of his chains.

Any other person would be intimidated by him. He looks like a crazed man, with long black hair matted in dirt, a white scar running down his face, and big fists. But I'm not. Nothing scares me.

Except for myself.

"Go."

The man runs forward, snapping me back to reality, and swings a giant fist at me. I duck under it and, coming up behind him, deliver a kick to the back, which sends him flying.

He growls, and with a harsh cry, comes flying at me again. This time, I catch his punch and release my claws. They sink into his wrist, and he falls back, screaming and clutching his wrist.

Then I take the initiative. I run forward, and take a leap when I get within ten feet of him. Catching my arms around his neck, I swing my legs into his chest, and because of the tight hold on his neck, the wind is knocked out of him, and he gasps for breath. He tries to swing a punch with his free hand, but I flip off his body, then lunge and grab his leg. He falls on his bottom, and I land on top of him. Drawing out my claws, I first slash his face, and then bury my claws into his chest. Gasping, then man breathes his last.

Director Pitrych and General Kornikiv clap. I nod back politely.

"Weapon M was a very successful project, I see." Director says, shaking hands with General Kornikiv again.

"Indeed."

"Thank you for the exhibition. Now I must talk about the real reason I came." Director Pitrych motions out the door.

"Nika, you are free to go."

I nod and began cleaning off my claws. The assistant disposes of the body, and I can hear Director Pitrych and General Kornikiv's voices disappearing down the hallway.

I'm in ballet class when they come again.

The music stops as they enter.

"Good evening, girls. Good evening, Martha." Director Pitrych shakes our teacher, Ms. Martha's hand. "May I have a word with Nika?"

All eyes follow me as I leave. No one likes me anymore. No one liked me from the start, because my dad was one of the leading scientists for the school, and they thought I was a brat. The only friend I had was Aliyanova, but she betrayed the Government, and was now a wanted criminal.

I follow them awkwardly out of the room and into General Kornikiv's office.

"Nika, do you remember Aliyanova?"

My attention jerks up and I stare at them.

"..yes..?"

They look at each other, and then General Kornikiv says, "We found her."

"Is she dead?" I ask, heart beating faster. I hope she is. Then she would be out of harm's way.

"No." He pauses for a second before continuing. "She's working for the US now. We need you to go and give her what traitors are due, according to the rules of this school."

I clear my throat, which became leathery and dry all of a sudden. "Excuse me?"

"Did you not hear? Or do you not understand?" General Kornikiv's gaze hardens.

"I-I-"

"You're taking a flight in two days. You will get further instructions in a minute. We are -"

"-I'm sorry, I can't." I interrupt. "I can't."

"You will!" General Kornikiv slams his fist down onto the desk. "Or you know what we will do do you. YOU do whatever WE tell YOU to do. Is that clear?"

My heart beats so fast, I feel as though I'm being choked.

"Yes."

-

-

-

-

-

-

-