{5: You're On Our Property}

natasha's pov. avengers complex, USA.

I woke with a start. I was back in the Avengers Complex, lying on a hospital bed. Helen Cho, the lead doctor, sat in front of me, documenting analysies into her computer.

"Tell me it was a bad dream," I groaned, attempting to sit up.

Helen turned to look at me. "Stay lying down." She patted my leg. "And I wish I could."

"Where's Madison?" I demanded.

Helen got up and went to the door. "Steve? Natasha's up."

Steve walked in, looking grim.

"Go on, tell me I was wrong," I said, painfully trying to sit up again.

Steve shook his head. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" I gave him a funny look.

"I understand what it's like to have an old friend turn on you."

I nod, and reach out to rub his arm. Bucky was Steve's best friend, before Hydra messed with his brain and change him into a killing machine.

Bucky joined the Avengers, but was taking a break by himself in Wakanda.

"But Bucky is okay now," Steve said, "And we'll get Madison too."

"Where is she?"

Steve looked down. "I left her."

I glared at him. "You left her there?"

"If I stayed, I would have had to fight her. And she could have gotten hurt."

"So where is she now?"

Steve shrugged. "I'm sorry. I don't know."

I sighed.

"She's not going to leave without you. If that was her mission, she'll stick to it." Tony stepped into the room.

"Well," I said, sitting up from the bed, "I am not staying here. I'm fine, and I'm going to go look for Madison."

two hours later

I decided to text Madison. I need to see her.

Madison

If you want me, I'll meet you somewhere.

read 2:56 pm.

Well that didn't go anywhere...

"Natasha?"

I turned around to see Peter. "Yeah, what's up, Pete?"

"What happened with your friend?"

I sighed. "It's a long story. She got coerced by the Russian Government to try to kill me. So I guess it was all fake." I bit my lip. "I'm just kinda sad, you know?"

Peter nodded and scratched the back of his neck. "Well, jeez, I'm sorry. I hope you find her."

madison's pov. outside of avengers complex, USA.

"This is the place?"

General Kornikiv's voice came through the chip in my watch.

"Yes."

I breathed deeply. "Ok, let's go catch a runaway."

I hung up with the General, and headed for the back entrance of the building.