63

*Rose's POV* 

We woke up a little bit later than we wanted it. We all fell asleep on the couch next to Sophie. I've changed into some clothes that Grayson got me and I have to admit he has a really good taste in clothes.

Since I can't take Sophie in her pajamas to the police station we decided to get her some clothes. Sophie loves rainbows so we got her a nice sweater with tiny rainbows on it and some lovely shorts.

She seemed really happy and it's making everything even harder for me. I don't know how to explain this all to her. I don't know if she'll ever understand. On the way we also got some ice cream with sprinkles.

When she asked me questions about why she would be here, how she came here, where we actually are and who Grayson is, I tried to answer them as good as I can without confusing her. She told me that it wouldn't matter as long as I would be with her and that broke my heart.

I'm not sure if I'll always be able to be with her. I feel like a fraud that is betraying her really really bad.. she's still so young and I believe that she has a chance of a beautiful future with a normal family and happy memories..

I want to save her as long as I still have the chance to. One day she'll understand. She'll may hate me now and she probably won't forgive me but one day she'll grow up and understand me because I'm not sure if I can save myself.. even if I'm acting like everything is fine or everything is getting better.. it's not and I can feel that..

Grayson is the only thing that keeps me alive.. if I lose him.. I'll lose myself. Honestly if I lose him I accept that I lost this game. I'm going to do exactly what I've planned a while ago.

»Rose?« she says from the backseat while we're stuck in traffic. I turn my head around. »Yeah?« she smiles and kinda blushes. I've never seen her like this. »I had a dream last night.« she says really shy and kinda quiet. I furrow my eyebrows but smile.

»Really? Tell us about it!« I say full of excitement. She pressures her lips and that make some even more curious now. She stays quiet. Obviously it wasn't a nightmare. It makes her happy.

»What did you dream about Sophie?« I Ask her still smiling while Grayson keeps a rhythm with tabbing his fingers on the wheel.
She whispers »A boy!« Grayson and I look at each other eyes wide open at the same time. My jaw drops. I don't know if I should laugh or take her serious. I swallow.

Grayson is about to burst out in laughter but I speak before he does that. I don't want Sophie to feel stupid or regret that she told us. »Oh! Tell us about him! How did he look?! Was he handsome?« I Ask also about to burst out in laughter.

»Yes! He was really handsome! He was tall and really muscular! His arms looked like big balloon!« she says tasing her little arms. My jaw drops again. »W-what did he do?« I Ask shaking my head..

»He picked me up from my bed and drove me somewhere. I've been in his arms all the time..« she hugs herself smiling. Grayson and I look at each other again. »CARTER!« we both scream at the same time. And I burst out in laughter. I can't hold it in anymore.

She crosses her arms in front of her chest and looks at us with furrowed eyebrows. I swipe my tears away and look at her again. »Sophie do you like him?« she looks away..

»Maybe..« I'm not sure if she knows he's real and I'd like to know what happens as soon as she finds out that he's real.. that really made me laugh and it's hella cute... I can only hope she'll always have dreams like these.. only good ones that'll make her feel something.