Meeting in a Tavern

Emelia and Henry rode into some small backwater town at roughly Eleven at night. They tied the horses outside an old run-down Inn, and Henry rented a two bed room. "Did you have enough money?" Emelia asked, Henry just scoffed, "No need to worry about that, being a vampire has it's perks, and a smart one too. If you saw the real inside of my home, you'd think i was a millionaire!" He said, then realized he was boasting, "Sorry.." "It's fine your royal pain in my ass." She replied with a chuckle. 

They walked a short way to the tavern, it seemed every man was in there tonight, although it was probably the only thing to do. They sat in the corner of the bar, near a tall man and a beast of a man. He had to be at least six foot eight, and he had arms like tree trunks. Emelia saw all the drunk men and felt a little uneasy. 

Henry ordered them both a pint of whatever beer they had, and they began to chat, while keeping an eye out for anyone who may be a vampire. The tall man Emelia spotted earlier had turned around, Henry hadn't looked at him, but the tall man with the long coat approached their table, Emelia scooted down a bit. Henry noticed this action and looked at the man.

"Henry?" "Abraham?" They both questioned and they embraced for a moment and the man known as Abraham sat down. Emelia stared at him a moment, noticing his kind eyes, and long hair. "Oh, right, I'm sorry. I haven't introduced you.." Henry trailed off, "Abe, this is Emelia Kyle, Emelia, this is Abraham Lincoln, a good friend of mine." He said.

Abe and Emelia shook hands, "A pleasure Miss Kyle-" "Emelia, you can just call me Emelia Mr.Lincoln." She said with a small smile, "Ah, well then you can just call me Abe. How did you and Henry meet?" He asked, "Well, I was in some other small town near Indiana, I saw him, knew what he was, and followed him to his house from about thirty feet away, then tried to cut off his head." She explained with a smirk, Abe laughed, "I did almost the same thing when I found out!" 

They talked for a while, and Abe and Emelia got to know each other a bit. "So, have you seen anything here?" Emelia asked Abe, "I think I have a lead, but I gotta be sure, so I was going to check it out in the morning. Where are you guys staying?" He asked, "At the Inn a couple blocks down the street." Henry said with his smooth British accent. 

Emelia saw more and more drunk men stumbling about the bar and staring at her like a piece of meat. She shifted in her seat and tugged her coat tighter around her chest. "Are you alright, Emelia?" Henry asked when he noticed she seemed uncomfortable. "Yeah, I'm alright.." She replied with a small smile. Abe watched their interaction and smiled to himself. 

After another hour or so, they walked out of the Tavern to get some air. Emelia walked away just enough so that Abe and Henry could talk, "You like her don't you?" Abe asked, "What?" Henry replied, shocked.

"I saw the way you looked at her when she seemed cold, and the glares you sent the men who were looking at her. You have feelings for her, don't you?" He stated. Henry scoffed, "Don't be ridiculous, we're just two friends traveling across a few states slaying vampires." 

Abe smiled and nodded, he looked at Emelia who was stretching her legs and strolling around, glancing at the two men once in a while. "She's a good woman, I just get why you're traveling with her." "Because I was intrigued, I've never seen a female vampire hunter before, she allowed me to travel with her so I took the chance and here I am." Henry stated, clearly getting annoyed by Abe's constant questioning.

Abe just smirked and put his hat on, "Well I suppose since you're both here, we can hunt down that vampire as a team, I have a bad feeling there may be more than one.." He said in a serious tone, Emelia walked back over to the men, "How many do you think there are?" She asked, "At least six, I didn't think vampires hunted in packs in the same town." 

"They usually don't so we'd better take care of this as soon as we can. But we'll need more information so as not to make fools of ourselves." Henry replied. "We should get some rest, you both look terrible." Abe laughed, Emelia rolled her eyes and walked back to the Inn with Henry and Abe. They went to their rooms, Abe bidding them goodnight, and Emelia and Henry returning the gesture.

Emelia didn't bother changing, she just tore off her skirt and flopped into her bed wearing a button up and leather pants. Henry couldn't help but smirk and feel his face heat up a bit when she took off the skirt. Emelia looked to Henry and he shrugged off his coat and and vest, and slept in his white button up and high-waisted pants. "What were you and Abe talking about earlier?" She asked from her bed, "We were just catching up, he questioned as to why I'm traveling with you, and annoying you" Henry said with a laugh.

"And what did you tell him?" "That I was interested in you, I wanted to see how you worked." Emelia hummed in response, smiling at the fact he thought she was interesting. "Can I ask why you seemed uncomfortable in the tavern?" He asked, "It was just all those drunken men, I always feel uncomfortable when drunk men look at me, you can never tell their intentions.." She said in a somber tone. "Well, I guess you have another reason to keep me around for a while, I can beat up any man who looks at you the wrong way, but of course you can take care of yourself so I would't have to-" Henry noticed his rambling and Emelia's laughter.

"I guess I do have a couple reasons to keep you around, Sturges." She laughed, and looked at him, seeing something else behind his dark brown eyes, she smiled at him.

"I know you aren't a damsel in distress, but if you ever need to be saved, I will be there. U-until I have to return home that is, I still have business with the Union." He trailed off. "Well, then we'll just have to enjoy our time together, when do you go back?" She asked, "Well I received a letter a day before we started our journey, saying I had two weeks. So we still have a about a week more of bickering and head slicing." He replied with a sad smile. 

Henry hadn't felt this way in a long time, it was such an odd feeling he barely knew what it was, Emelia had never felt this way, she just felt happy. She was actually excited to fight with Henry and Abe, excited to hunt a nest of vampires, and rid the world of a bit more evil.

"We should sleep." Henry said and nodded to Emelia, she returned the gesture, and blew out the candles. "Goodnight Henry." "Goodnight Emelia.." 

*To Be Continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Kind of a boring chapter, but their relationship is blossoming!! I enjoyed writing this, even if it was a little rushed? I hope y'all enjoy! See you in the next one! ~Emilypeej