10

violet
"someone like you could really make things alright for me. even if you are just as fucked up as i am."

-

as  the cold metal sent shivers through my finger tips, i fumbled with my keys quickly, desperate to feel the warmth of my apartment.

finally, after aching want to get in, i basically fall into my place, exhaustion running through my body as i lean against the door quickly, shutting it with a thud.

i rolled my eyes with fatigue as i pulled my jacket off, hanging it on the hook, while also slipping off my shoes.

i'm so glad i left megan's.

it was late now, about half past one in the morning, it was very quiet and all i wanted was to collapse in bed and sleep for nineteen hours.

i saunter through the hall until i reach my bedroom, entering quickly, stripping and sliding on a large tshirt over my bare torso and panties, the cold floorboards kissing at the palms of my feet.

the light next to my bed illuminated the room in golden, my clothes laid on the chair by the drawers, pictures and pages laid tirelessly on my desks, it really felt like coming home. but of course it wasn't fully home.

not without gus.

as a frown tried to pry at my face i quickly knock myself out of it and slide beneath the thick and fluffy covers of my bed.

but just before i can drop into a sleep, my phone began to buzz on my side table. as a groan escaped my lips i picked it up quickly, noticing dylan's name across the screen.

"dylan? is everything okay?"

"of course. i just wanted to make sure you got back safe."

a comforting smile appeared on my face as i continued to sink into the sheets.

"thanks. i'm good."

"gus was looking for you."

"i know. he spoke to me, seemed weird."

a chuckle escaped his lips as a sudden aching feeling formed in my stomach, suddenly remembering that layla girl that couldn't stop herself from leeching off of him, i cringed at the thought.

"did he go back with layla?" i ask cautiously.

"hell nah babe. he got her to leave. and thank fuck too, that bitch was drivin me insane!"

i couldn't help but feel relief wash over me.

"okay... well i'll see you soon?"

play it cool.

"sure, sweet dreams."

with that, he ended the call and i was left with the silent nothing that often followed. i sighed to myself as i buried my face in my hands.

the fact that i had feelings for gus was such a play on my mind. he had become the centre of my inspiration, my muse.

what a strange concept of time. that i would live and the same time as he does.