14

60 votes for next chapter :
violet
"i want all of you, you're dead to me but also so alive at the same time, you're so harsh but so kind and gentle. don't be so hard on yourself, it's okay to mess up."

"i love you."
"i love you."
"i love you."
"i love you."

suddenly everything started to pick up from the slow motion, i didn't even feel gus' lap underneath me afterwards, everything was just moving so quickly as my mouth became dry and my heartbeat quickened as i realised what i just said. after all this fucking time.

my hands became shaky as i began to catch my breath, i looked at gus, who was staring back at me with a hard to read expression. i just wanted to be sick.

"you- you what?" he muttered. i felt my heart hurt and i looked towards the door handle.

"i- i have to get out of here." i said, quickly opening the door ad practically falling from the car, i didn't even feel like i was in my mind right now, so many emotions were taking over.

then i began to run.

as far as i could, away from the car, away from the party, away from gus. just anywhere, anywhere away from here.

gus' distant calls drowned out behind in my heated rush as i headed further and further away, until i was in the open streets.

the intoxications clouded my mind, but i knew where i was, i could run home.

i continued to run as fast as i could pelt, sweat building up, but i didn't care , i zig zagged in and out between people as i headed for my apartment building, it can't be too far.

my chest felt like it was tightening as my heart screamed in emotional pain and sadness. i was so angry.

angry for myself for letting that out to him, that i actually loved him.

i don't even fucking know what love is. and to love him?! why would i set myself up for heartbreak like that?

but i couldn't help the lingering sadness that clouded over me as my mind raced and tears pooled in my eyes, as visions of him appeared in my mind, the softness of his touch and the radiance of his occasional smile, his beautiful voice and his glowing eyes.

and now i've pushed him away.

gus doesn't love.

the clouds in the sky grew darker, blocking out the moon, carrying with them the booming anger of the thunder, i wanted to scream.