Time Sweep

"Three months and we still have nothing," Agent Morgan says out of frustration. He rest his mug of coffee on the wiry table of the outdoor café. He glances up to see what Reid is doing.

"It still does not add up," says Reid who is just as baffled as Morgan. "We should have at least gotten more evidence by now, right?"

"Hey," Morgan interjects, "Is that your girl over there?!"

Reid pulls his black shades down to reveal a slit of his eyes. He spots Ellen through the window at the counter with a few other girls. He immediately shoves his shades back over his eyes and turns his head to not be obvious.

"It is your fan club, Reid!" Morgan teases.

"Do you have any sympathy for someone who's parents just died?" Reid asks spitefully.

"Of course I do! I was just trying to cheer you up a bit.

"Hello, Dr. Reid," says a gentle voice from behind.

Reid slowly turns his head to notice Ellen standing behind him. "How are you?" He asks.

"I have had better days," she says with her eyes downwards on her hands.

"Don't worry, Ellen, we are still on your case," he reassures her, "Agent Morgan and I have been relentlessly working on this."

"That really means a lot," she says with a small smile.

Reid takes note of her shirt, "What's the shirt your wearing mean?"

"Oh, the tongue and the wide mouth?!" She asked, shocked to almost laughter, "This is the Rolling Stones."

"All Reid knows is Beethoven," Morgan teases.

"You really need to get your genres out there," Ellen says with a smirk.

"I am very open. I enjoy the Smiths at times," Reid says in his defense.

Ellen's friends call her name out a few times before Ellen whips her head around. She spins back to Reid and says, "You should come over one day so I can show you some stuff."

Reid sighs and says, "I wish I could but it is not in my line of work. Sorry"

She nods her head slowly and says no goodbye this time as she runs away with her flushed cheeks.

"Dr. Reid, the heartbreak man!" Morgan accuses playfully.

"Oh, can you just drop it?" Reid snaps, "She is almost twenty years younger than me. Also, did I mention that I am working on her case?"

"That has not stopped you before with being with women," Morgan says as he rest on the back of his chair. "The only thing is that she is a minor. I wonder if that will stop her though?"