Anything But a Slave

Two days after Reid was abducted, J.J. comes around to notice that he has not been showing up at work. She is concerned because she knows Reid has few things that keep him at home. She had already tried to call him, but no reply came through.

"Hotch, have you heard from Reid?" J.J. asks when she sees him this morning.

Hotch shakes his head and says with a grim expression, "I haven't heard from him since our last meeting. Why?"

"He hasn't shown up to work for a couple of days," she says and stirs her coffee.

"He may be ashamed to show his face," he says both jokingly and serious.

"I tried calling him too," she says and pauses a moment before she asks, "Do you think he is with the Roschter child?"

"God, I hope not," He says and turns his attention to his pouring coffee. He stares at the running mixture and thinks about what to say next. He has to chose his words with care. "He may just be under the weather and unable to answer." He pushes the button to stop the coffee. "He is just fine. I assure you of it."

**********************************************************************************************************

"Dammit, Reid!" Ellen shouts at her obstinate love. "Take the damn hot pocket before I shove it down your throat!" She slams the food down in frustration.

It has been three weeks since the conversation J.J. and Hotch had. This means that for three plus weeks Reid has to endure Ellen. Now, in the beginning things were actually quite smooth. This was all going good until she tried to pressure him into something he knew would really get him into trouble. Since then, she has snapped and is treating him like an animal. Not to mention that she mercilessly tied him back up again.

"I am not really all that hungry," He mouses out before he swallows, "Dear."

"Oh, but my poor little baby Reid is looking so gaunt these days," she says and pouts her lips. She was not completely full of jealous rage. She has some remenants of sympathy. This was only true when he cooperated.

"Really, I am exhausted," he says, an attempt to get out of it without her throwing another tantrum.

"Fine!" She says sharply. "I will tell everyone you kidnapped me and tried to rape me!" This was her comeback every single time that he was not being cooperative.

"You cannot just keep me here. You cannot keep making that same excuse while you keep me here," he says with his voice raised. "You have gone crazy." He finally said the thing to make the Ellen time bomb explode.

"Oh yes, I can." She gets right in his face. "No one will ever know you are here. You don't even know where you are. I destroyed every thing that can keep you in contact with the real world." Her nose is pink with fury, and her eyes glare at him.

"Morgan, Hotch, and J.J. all care about me. Even Emily and Rossi will notice me gone if they already have not," he says in his defense. "Also Garcia does not need cellular tracking all the time. Have you ever heard of forensics?"

"No, but I am sure that by the time they find you that you will have either changed your mind, or I would have moved you. You may he smart, but I know how to control you."