Chapter 4

Moose's POV

Oh shit. I didn't expect for them to still remember me. Much less blame me for their deaths. Shark looked at me questioningly as they yelled insults. I had heard them all before. The insults didn't hurt anymore.

Then Chipper showed up and I tensed. He was just as I remembered. He smirked at me and I knew he was about today something bad. "Well well Well" he said looking at me while smirking evilly "Nice to see you again George..."

Jay Shark and Colleen stared at me. "Moose..." Shark started "Who's George?"

"Why" Chipper laughed. "That's his real name? Did all of you think his real name was Moose?"

"It is Moose you piece of scrap metal" I growled out glaring at him.

Jay looked startled when I growled.

I glanced at Bonny and froze. Was It really him?

But Chipper hit the window and I jumped. I hesitated and realized something. This place had a basement. And if I knew anything, Chipper had probably done something to Sabre. I looked at my friends and whispered "I'm going to distract them. You guys go down to the basement and see if anything's changed. Shark, Colleen, I have a bad idea of what's happened to Sabre. Just... be strong."

They were about to respond when I broke a window and jumped headfirst out and started running. I heard heavy footsteps running after me, and my friends screaming at me to come back.

I looked back and saw Jay pushing Shark and Colleen out to the basement stairs. He locked eyes with me and nodded. He would keep them down there.

I kept running around. I knew this place inside and out. After all, I was here when it was built.

Jay's POV
Why would Moose-or George-do that? He could get himself killed. I shook off that thought as I pushed Shark and Colleen down the stairs to the basement. "NO JAY WE GOTTA GO BACK!" Shark yelled.

I glared at him and said "Moose has it under control. Go back up there and he has to protect us too as well as himself. Stay down here with me." The last part was an order and Shark seemed to realize that.

They were silent as we went down, and I froze when I heard labored mechanical wheezing. I ran in, and saw him. Oh no... no wonder Moose had said to stay strong. I called back "don't come in-" but hey we're already coming. They froze and Colleen burst into tears.

Sabre raised his head and looked at them, still wheezing. He looked at me and did some mechanical noises. I realized what had happened and went over to him. I heard Shark whisper "wait no" before I was pushing Sabre slightly forward to get to his neck.

I looked around and found it. A hatch. I opened it and heard a gagging sound from Colleen and a gasp from Shark.

I looked around in the wiring in Sabres neck and found the voice box. No wonder he couldn't talk. It was busted beyond compare. I looked around and said "Shark, go get me that voice box on the table over there. The silver-ish black one. Yeah. That one."

He brought it over and I murmured quietly to Sabre, "this will hurt. I'm sorry. I'm trying to replace your voice box." It seemed he inclined his head ever so slightly.

I slowly took his old broken voice box out, making sure to note where all the wires went. I heard his whine of pain as I disconnected it. I put the new one in, making sure to connect all the wires right, then said "Sabre. Say something."

"Something" Sabre croaked out. He had a deep voice which I messed with the box to fix.

I said "Sabre" with a chuckle and said "Say a word"