4: Oh Hell

Lucy exited the gate of her place, a three-floored house.

It was at the center of a wide grass-covered land with a white metal fence surrounding it.

It even had its own parking lot for her car.

She was the only daughter of a well-known business man. Her father, Jude Heartfilia, provided for her a lot. It's like his way of making up to her since he couldn’t always be there for his daughter...because of his work.

Even though Lucy would rather spend time with him, she never complained. She understood her father was doing his best to give her whatever she needed or wanted. That was a good enough reason for a grown up girl like her.

Besides, she had her friends stay in the apartment with her, to which they gladly accepted. With them around, she was never lonely.

She was wearing a white sleeveless turtleneck, a black high-waist skirt, and a pair of black boots that went up to the knees. Lastly, a pink shoulder bag that contained her notebook and some pens. She was a student on the field of creative writing, she didn’t need to bring much.

The girls already left without her, they had early morning classes. Whereas she only had Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays as her class days.

Carefree, I know. She was a top student, she didn’t need much class hours than the other kids at Mage University.

Since it was her first day, Lucy wanted to walk her way to the school.  She still got time till first subject anyway.

From that day onwards, it was officially the start of their Senior year.
The last phase of college.
.

.

"I'm outside already. Hurry up," Natsu said to the phone, sounding bored.

"Alright, almost there. Geez, you're still so impatient after all these years. I'm still older than you, you know?"

On the other line was his older brother, a science teacher.

It just so happened that he asked Natsu to bring over some class documents that he forgot to bring to school.

"Yeah yeah," and with that, he hung up.

He was right outside the opened gate of the huge university, only the sons and daughters of the wealthy families could afford to be there.

Natsu was leaning against his car, a red corvette, staring at his phone with no care in the world about the college girls gaping at him and obviously talking about him.

They were trying to catch his attention but to no avail.

It was hard not to notice him.

He had a white V-neck shirt under his black leather jacket, dark jeans and a pair of black flats. It was like he was cut out straight from a girl's badboy fantasies.

Anyone could tell he had hard packs under his shirt, and heartbreaking eyes under those black glasses.

.

.

As Lucy came closer and closer to her university's entrance, she breathed in the fresh smell of the first day back in jail...I mean, school.

First thing she noticed was a car parked just at the front.

"Wow, that's a nice car," she said to herself. Maybe the owner was one of the college kids there.

As she was about to step into the school ground, her eyes went to the person who was by the corvette, the owner, she presumed.

And just as she landed her eyes on the person's face,
she cursed herself for doing so and wished she didn’t even lay her orbs on him.

Before she could avert her eyes and run for her life with her dignity still intact, the guy turned his head towards her direction.

And the moment he turned to look at her, the phone he was holding slid right off of his hand.

The gadget collided with the hard ground and broke its screen.

But he didn’t care, what's worth his entire attention was the girl staring right back at him with wide brown eyes.

Lucy knew he recognized her, just like she recognized him.

And even behind those dark glasses, she knew, his eyes were looking straight into her soul.

She started to feel her knees tremble.  

Staring at him seemed to make it hard for her to breathe.

Nu-uh...this isn’t happening...

Is it?

With an effort to move her lips, she spoke.

More like whispered to herself,

"Oh, hell."

As if he heard her, his lips slowly turned into a smirk.

Lips that felt hot that night, she remembered.

He raised the hand that was supposed to be holding his phone, taking off his black sunglasses with it.

Now onyx eyes met the brown ones.

And Natsu’s calm voice and the words he said made it harder for her to breathe,

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you...

again."