Okay

You were the only person in your 23 story apartment complex to not own a hybrid. Heck, you were probably the only person in town who didn't own a hybrid.

Having a hybrid in a typical urban household was a norm. However, growing up in an orphanage, you were never able to say you really  had a normal upbringing. It was pretty common for some of the other children in the housing project you lived in to have allergies to these creatures therefore, they were banned from ever coming near the place.

However, you now lived in your own place. There was nothing really holding you back from keeping up with the trend, you just never felt like you needed to own a hybrid to feel complete.

You went your whole life without one, why would you need one now?

Also, something about owning something as complex as a hybrid turned you off. Although you cant say you've ever been close enough to one to investigate their instinctual attributes, hybrids to you were just people with some animal-like physical features.

Like your neighbor Seulgi, who has a golden retriever hybrid named Joy.

Joy looked just like a normal human girl, aside from the long golden tail that whisked around her lower back and floppy dog ears that perk up atop her head.

Your not the best of friends with Seulgi, but from what you've just witnessed in passing, Joy has a will of her own.

Most recently expressing her dislike towards the ugly orange and brown collar her owner had chosen for her, drooping her ears and laying her tail in a disgusted manor on the floor.

You gave a polite smile and bow towards the two, which was quickly reciprocated and swiftly slipped into you two bedroom condo.

Working your way up from an orphan child, to a high school student with two shitty jobs, then finally to a college grad with a newly found full time job as a lawyer, you were proud of your progress as an individual.

You slipped off your red heals and set down your cherry brown suitcase on the floor by the front door. Quickly slipping out of your black suit jacket you lead yourself towards your white leather couch and plopped down face first with a sigh, not minding if you were to get your red lipstick on the furniture or not.

Your condo was very modern looking, much like the outside of the complex.

The living room was complete with a glass coffee table, a flat screen TV, and a loveseat on the right side of the "L" shaped couch you were currently passed out on.

You were lucky enough to grab the last condo on the 23ed floor to have a magnificent view of the city down below along with the other buildings beneath you.

At night, the city lit up like Christmas trees in December. A truly beautiful sight, one that you never thought would be yours.

But it was. And you deserved it.

From a young age you worked your ass off, trying to accomplish the almost impossible.

Starting off as a homeless kid in a shelter, you studied hard and became a straight A student. When you entered high school, you were one of the only "older" kids to still live in the shelter. Feeling responsible for the younger children, you became an older sister figure to many.

The shelter was rundown and old.

You decided to take up a few jobs in order to help out with the bills, which was greatly appreciated by the head master of the place. However, when you got into college you had to quit your jobs and invest all of your savings into becoming a fulltime student.