Runaway Not Stray

The next day you woke up at 12:53 in the afternoon. The sun was gleaming through your curtains and the traffic down below was zooming.

You groaned and sat up on your bed, dangling your feet off the side of the cotton sheets. Eyes downcast to the buzzing cars outside, you furrow your eyebrows and stroke your right hand through you hair.

"Ouch. My head." You said, as a piercing headache makes it way into your skull.

Deciding you needed coffee, you attempt to stand up. When you realize your feet are still blistered, you instead make your way to the bathroom to bandage them up.

Once finished, you then dragged your now healing feet into your kitchen.

Along the way you noticed countless pictures knocked off of the wall and blood smeared on the floor starting at the front door leading into the kitchen.

When you got to the kitchen you saw a few decorations you had on the island knocked over. Ignoring the mess, you walked straight to the coffee machine and made yourself a cup of coffee.

The distinct smell of roasted beans had already begun to cure your headache.

As you stand by the marble island, your mind wonders back to last night. You were so caught up in the moment that you hadn't really thought about the consequences of your actions.

How long would you be able to keep him here without anyone knowing? Where did he come from? From what you saw, no ID bracelet or necklace was around his neck. He didn't even have a real name.

So he was a stray?

You hoped not. You had seen what the government did to strays only one time when you were on your way home from work and it wasn't pretty.

You wondered where they took the male fox looking hybrid after binding him and throwing him like a sack of potatoes into the back of their covert-like SUV.

The warmth of your cup brought you back to reality. You should probably make something for Jungkook to eat. Both his physical and mental state yesterday was not good.

Also, you wanted to be on his good side. His demeanor yesterday was snippy but when you got too close he looked frightened and sometimes even fragile.

You wanted to know more about him and where he came from. You wanted to help.

Giving him a real name was a good start. He seemed to like the name "Jungkook" even though he was in and out of consciousness almost the entire night. Breakfast should be a good start too.

Walking into the guest bedroom with a plate of eggs, toast, and water, you flicked the light on to see Jungkook still fast asleep.

You walked over to the bedside table, stepping around the mess on the floor and set everything down.

Eyeing the room you huffed in frustration. Today was going to be a long day for cleaning.

You decided to start from the front of your coop and end in the guest room as to give him more resting time.

Sweeping through your home, you swept up countless pieces of glass from broken picture frames and decorative trinkets.

You couldn't believe he was able to do so much damage while under so much pain.

Thinking back to the hybrid, you wondered what type of breed he was. He had a long black tail and black ears that sat atop his dark matted hair.