Italics

For the first time in a while, Jungkook didn't wake up early for his usual "prowl the house" routine. His dreams were far to blissful for them to be disrupted.

When he finally awoke, the soft rays of sunlight gently shown through the yellow curtains, gracing the boys face. Slowly gaining his senses, he went to do his usual morning stretch, when he was stopped by the warm arms that encircled his waist.

Opening his eyes, your sleeping figure came into view. His breath caught in the back of his throat as he realized the position you both were in.

His left arm stayed dormant under your head as the right was swung around your midsection. The feline also noticed that his tail was wrapped securely around your bare leg. Your arms were wrapped gently around his waist, as your head laid peacefully on his sculpted chest. He felt nervous but, oddly at peace. He was warm. Not the uncomfortable kind. The kind that reminds you of the sand pressing gently against your feet on a summer day. The kind of warmth that the fireplace graces your skin with after a long day of playing in the snow, or a freshly poured cup of hot tea. The foreign feeling was comforting for him to wake up with.

His eyes scanned your resting face. He'd never been able to see you at such a close proximity before.

Your eyelashes that graced your cheeks were longer then they normally looked. Your face was a bit puffy from sleeping and you lips... your lips were pink and soft looking. He couldn't help himself when he absentmindedly slid the hand that was secured around your waist, up to cup your cheek, slowly sliding his thumb over the tinted flesh that is your lips. When you stirred, he paused his action, quickly bringing his arm again around your waist.

Slowly, you peeled your eyes open, revealing a sleepy kitty hybrid. His cheeks were tinted pink and his hair was disheveled. Glancing over to his eyes, you realized he was already looking into yours. Sending a lazy smile his way, you pushed some stray strands of hair out of his face.

"Good morning Jungkook. How did you sleep?" You whispered.

"Umm. Good actually. And you?" He croaked out, clearing his throat afterwards.

"Good...actually I'm kind of glad you came in last night Jungkook. I'm really nervous about today." You sighed, somewhat curling into yourself.

Jungkook looked at you, concern washing over his face.

"Y/n. Look at me."

You look up as he brings his hand gently to caress your face.

"Y/n. I will never let anything happen to you. No matter what."

For a moment you saw stars in his eyes. An eternal galaxy with shooting stars and wishes yet to be granted.

You gulped when you realized you had been staring for too long, clearing your throat.

"Thank you Jungkook...are you hungry?"

His eyes lit up for a moment before cutely nodding his head a few times, tail letting go of your leg only to swivel it back and fourth with excitement.

You giggled under your breath. "Ok. Let's go make some pancakes. It's time you learn how to do something yourself."

A comment to which he rolled his eyes, playfully of course.

Over the next two hours you had (tried) to teach him how to make homemade pancakes, which ended up with flour everywhere and almost half a dozen eggs on the floor. After his tail whipped from the surprise of the egg drop, breaking the glass measuring cup, you told him to shower and you'd make breakfast.

Coming back about twenty minutes later squeaky clean, he sat down in his usual seat next to you, hair dripping wet. As he was about to begin scarfing down all of the extra food you had made, there was a knock on the door.