A Little Help From A Friend

The past few days with Jungkook were slightly awkward. You could tell he was still apprehensive about your intentions by his actions.

You've realized scoping out your home every morning at eight o'clock on the dot was quick to become habitual for him. Gliding through the house practically tiptoeing the perimeter, his cat-like eyes scanned every crack and crevice for...what? A camera? People from that facility?

You knew it was perfectly safe here for him as long as no one found out he was living there. It would take some convincing on your part, but, you were sure you'd eventually get him to come around.

Besides, you were absolutely sure no one saw you two come into the apartment complex. Even with the trails of blood that put the home owners into a state of panic after Jungkook and your whole "first night" fiasco, calmed down quickly after one of the owners claimed to have seen a rabid bird hybrid stray roaming the streets that night. Also placing the blame on the not-so-great night watch and lack of facility cameras.

That quickly changed the night after though, when the complex owner decided to install the security cameras, claiming to have been wanting to do so sooner.

That meant Jungkook definitely couldn't leave. Not without proper ID at least. But where would he get one? Did he even have any papers? Even if he did, the facility he came from probably kept them. It was definitely the last thing he thought about before escaping that place.

You needed help. That you were sure of that quickly. But who would help you? You didn't really know many people with a background in hybrids that you could really trust. Even if you did somewhat trust them, this is a whole new level of trust.

This would have to be God Tire level trust.

You only know one person who you would bet your life on and you didn't even know if he could help. Also, the last thing you'd want to do is get him into trouble.

How would you go about doing this? Maybe you could ask him if he knew a guy? Maybe you could do one of those, "I'm asking for a friend" deals?

No way that would work. He could see right through you.

"Damn." You cuss under your breath.

Pondering the severity of both yours and Jungkook's situation, you brought the steaming cup of coffee to your dry morning lips, not caring if the sweltering liquid burnt at the back of your throat.

You were so caught up in your own thoughts you hadn't heard the quiet steps approaching you.

The next thing you knew, a finger was being pressed to your forehead.

Jumping back at the sudden contact, you looked up to find an equally shocked Jungkook.

Putting his hand to his side, he cleared his throat. "Your eyebrows were wrinkled." He said softly.

This had been the first physical contact you've had with him since the other night. It took you aback since he was the one to initiate the touch.

"No, it's ok. Thank you, I was just thinking."

You words seemed to have calmed the boy down, his shoulders relaxing.

"I have work today, so you'll have to stay here by yourself. I usually have work on Mondays too, but, since it was labor day, the office was closed. I left my phone number on the fridge in case of emergency's and your lunch is in the microwave. Here's your breakfast."

You ended, sliding a plate with pancakes and fruit towards him.

"I should be home around 5ish. During my lunch break I'm going to buy you some new clothes. You can't keep wearing Hobi's pajamas."