r u n n i n g t r a i n s

(okay I know it's been a REALLY long time since I updated but i promise i'll go back to my two-a-month plan. enjoy the flashbacks!)

"Baby, you're the highlight of my low life

"Baby, you're the highlight of my low life."

__

Water drops pounded down the bright-eyed girl's window strongly and flashes of bright yellow-white lighting struck on the ground near her house. Sadie jumped at the sound of the thunder crackling afterwards and sighed before forcing herself to move away from her window. 

Thunderstorms always scared her, even though she knew that there were much more bigger demons to worry about. 

She climbed onto her neatly-made bed and smoothed down her bedspread from the wrinkles creasing into the bedspread just as another wave of rain came thundering on her window. The redhead knew that the more she focused on the rain, the more scarier it would seem when it really wasn't.

So, she pulled herself from her thoughts and reached over to her nightstand to grab her TV remote and flicked through random channels but nothing seemed to grasp her attention. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't help but be aware of what was happening outside her home, noticing every shift in the wind by how the tree next to her window was brushing against her window and noticing when a wave of rain was over. 

Sadie's light blue eyes moved away from the TV show playing on the screen and trailed toward her messy closet. Glancing at the window, she wished it would magically stop but it didn't. Well, I have nothing else to do; I might as well.

The red-haired girl walked over to the closet but not before connecting her phone to her bluetooth and scrolling through one of her playlists. She grinned as she tapped on 'Want you back'  by 5 Seconds of Summer and adjusted the volume so it wasn't too loud or too quiet and then walked back to her closet, dancing to the music playing out of the speaker. 

Sweaters, T-shirts, blouses, dresses and shoes were soon sprawled all over the girl's bedroom in neat piles. The bright-eyed girl no longer thought of the storm looming over them and instead  was pulling out clothes from the back of her closet, thinking, how did this get here? as she looked at a T-shirt she found. 

Sadie shrugged and tossed the T-shirt into laundry basket, silently noting that she'll have to empty out it after she was done, since it was starting to get filled up. She placed a few more shoe boxes on top of each other and stood up, brushing herself off before picking them up. 

A black sweater caught Sadie's attention as turned the other way to place the shoe boxes with the other stacks of them. She furrowed her eyebrows with curiosity and placed the boxes on the left side of her and walked over to the closet, reaching over and getting the black sweater. 

The bright-eyed girl held up the black sweater, cocking her head to the right and then to the left, trying to figure out who's was it. It definitely wasn't hers because it's too big and it couldn't possible be her brother's sweater because it's to-