f u s c h i a

(a/n: so...y'all fuckers better buckle up and get your glasses 'cause this chapter has a shit ton of past chapter references and alot of foreshadowing of future chapters. it was rlly fun writing this chapter bc i got to put my own characters (again lol); even though it was so goddamn long. like i am as a writer; drained af. also, don't @ me on the plot twist i put here, i literally foreshadowed it in 'making memories' and 'live (long) wild'.)

"We were wild and fluorescent; come home now

"We were wild and fluorescent; come home now."

_______

The hint of grape, the bitter gin and the bubbly 7-up. 

Those were the things that she tasted, it still lingering in her tongue even though her last shot was a while ago. Too long ago. 

She was leaning against a counter, a distracting one. It glowed in a neon aesthetic; melting into each of the colors in the rainbow that crayon box would carry.

Thick sweat, stuffy smoke and cheap cologne. 

That was in every heavy breath she took. She was suffocating. Was she actually? She couldn't tell.  A dull ache had developed in her lungs because of her heavy breathing, but she couldn't feel it. She didn't know why she couldn't though. 

Maybe it was insignificant to her, or maybe because the warm, tingling feeling that had slowly dripped from her stomach like honey and spread across her skin. 

Neon flashes, cloudy smoke and sharp features. 

Electric blue eyes that were once enthusiastic and firm had now turned wide-eyed and disoriented. She had wandered around the place as if she was in a never-ending maze, until someone had pulled her to the small glowing bar. 

At first, she thought it was her friend's co-star, Finn, as the boy was tall, dark-haired and had sharp features. So, she let him whisk her away, tightly holding her hand as they pushed through the crowd, but after he started talking to her, she quickly realized her mistake. 

Maddie Ziegler may have been black-out drunk, but she always remembers voices. And that voice did not sound like Finn's. 

The curly-haired boy's voice had always a bit of quirk laced in it, a octave higher and voice cracks sprinkled throughout his sentences with stammering and stumbling over his words. It was indeed quite memorable and awkward, but in a cute way.

This boy's voice was calm and husky, but he was confident in them; and because he was confident with them, those words poured out like a strawberry being dipped into chocolate and carmel. It was savory, graceful and very, very seductive.