Fireworks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excuse the mistakes ma peeps

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"C'mon Sawyer! It'll be fun!"

"No," I replied, shaking my head and crossing my arms across my chest, "I don't think so."

"Everyone else is going on, so why not you?" Griffin asked, tipping his head to the side.

"Because," I said, "Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think a ride that spins me around in a circle is appealing."

"Please," begged Norah, "I'm scared, too, but I'm going on it!" She stuck out her bottom lip and swayed in Colby's arms. I looked from her to Griffin, who held up the blue ride tickets in his hand suggestively.

"Fine!" I groaned, and the boys cheered. I followed behind Colby and Norah with Griffin, our hands intertwined, as we walked over to the ride. This town had gone all out for its anniversary. They'd brought in a couple of rides, food trucks, and game booths for the citizens to enjoy. Too bad most of these rides made me dizzy just looking at them.

I sat down on the cold metal of the seat, and Griffin plopped down next to me. Colby and Norah settled in the car in front of us, and I let out a deep breath as the ride operator locked down the safety bar in front of us.

"You ready?" Griffin asked as the operator walked over to the control box. I watched as the he turned a key in the metal box and swallowed hard.

"Nope," I replied, "But let's do this!" Griffin laughed and I gripped his hand tightly as the operator pressed a lit up green button, initiating the start of the ride.

It started out slow, and just as it thought it wouldn't be awful, the ride got faster and faster until the world started to spin. I squeezed my eyes shut, but that wasn't making me feel any better. I let out a short cry as the ride sped up even more, and the gravity pushed me into Griffin's side.

I got a horrible feeling, like my stomach was in my throat, and I just burrowed closer into Griffin. "Try screaming," he suggested. I opened my eyes and looked at him skeptically, but he just nodded at me. So, I sighed and screamed loudly.

Surprisingly, Griffin was right. With every scream that left my mouth, the tension in my stomach decreased. As the ride started to stop, I started to laugh and enjoy myself, which I hadn't expected at all. Griffin noticed, and he winked at me.

"That wasn't so bad, now was it?" Griffin asked as the car we were in slowed to a stop.

I blushed and said, "It was okay." Griffin helped me out of the car after the operator opened the cart, and we joined Colby and Norah, who were standing outside the gate. "Can we go play some games?" I asked, pointing to the colorful booths.

"Sure," replied Griffin, "Maybe I'll win you a giant teddy bear?" He smirked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Or," I said, "Maybe I'll win you a giant teddy bear." Griffin chuckled, and he slung his arm over my shoulder. Together, the group of us walked down the line of game booths, and we came to the one where you spray water into a clown's mouth and race to be the first one to get the bell to ring.

I pointed to the booth. "How about this one?" I asked.

Griffin took one look and said, "Oh, I am so going to beat you!"

"Yeah, okay," I replied, walking over to the booth, "We'll see about that." Griffin picked the water gun on one side of me, and Colby and Norah settled on my other side. The boy running the game walked over to us and I recognized him as a senior in our school.