Warning Shot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excuse the Mistakes. I wrote the first two thirds of this chapter on my mom's iPad, which didn't have the best formatting...

Enjoy erryone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I moaned loudly and tried to raise my hands to my head to calm the pounding. However, something was restraining them behind my back.

Confused, my eyes snapped open and as everything came into focus, I realized I was alone in a room that looked like it was in a warehouse. My wrists were handcuffed behind my back, but my ankles were free.

 Everything that had happened came rushing back to me, and I swallowed hard. I remembered yelling at Griffin and blaming him, which seemed so insignificant now. Then, I remembered him calling me, and then discovering the van following me.

 Had Griffin called the police? Danny? Had he even found my phone?

I sure as hell hoped so.

"Hello?" I called, but no one answered. Frowning, I tried again. "Hello? Is there anyone there?"

"Shut up!"

The deep male voice sounded annoyed and muffled, seeing as it came from the other side of the only door.

"Please!" I cried, "I need---" Before I could finish, however, the metal door banged open and a giant, beefy looking man stomped into the room.

"I said shut up!" He snarled, pointing a thick finger at me.

"Please," I whispered, and the man came stalking over to me. Before I could say anything to me, he reached back and brought the back of his hand I to my cheek. I yelped in pain, and the force of the slap sent me and the chair tumbling to the side.

Thankfully, I landed on the back of my arm, which prevented a broken bone. Still, it throbbed, and I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep from screaming. I tried to use my feet to someone put myself back up, but the man set his foot on the chair, and I couldn't move from my position on the floor.

Just as I started to wonder about what this seemingly violent man would do next, the door to the room banged open again. I angled my head to see who it was, and my eyes widened. Marcus strolled in with a malicious smile on his face, and a few men with bulging muscles walked in behind him.

"So nice to see you again, Sawyer," he said, crouching down to my level. I glared at him but didn't say anything, and Marcus sighed and looked up at the man who had his foot on my chair. He nodded, and the man gripped the back of my chair and roughly pulled me up. "How are you doing?" Marcus asked me sweetly.

"Fantastic," I replied, blowing the loose hair of my face, "Never been better."

"Good," Marcus said, nodding. He unfolded a metal chair that had been propped up against a wall, and then he set it down across from me. "Your father's been a bad boy again," Marcus stated sadly as he sat down.