You told

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excuse any errors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Sawyer."

I frowned at Kaia as she walked by, her clones following behind with the same knowing smile on their lips. Norah and I exchanged confused glances. "What was that about?" Norah asked, arching an eyebrow.

"I have no idea," I replied with a shrug. I slammed my locker shut and Norah and I started walking towards the cafeteria for lunch.

This had been going on all day. Kaia would send me all these glances, and she was also being really nice to me. I had no idea what sickness she was suffering from, but I wasn't about to argue with it. Kaia not being a bitch was a miracle.

Norah and I sat down in the cafeteria, since it was getting too cold to sit outside, and I slid my lunch bag onto the table. As I took my first bite of my turkey sandwich, someone pressed their fingers into my sides, causing me to jump and cough on my sandwich.

Griffin plopped into the seat next to me and patted my back to help dislodge the food that had gone down the wrong pipe. "I'm... going... to... kill you!" I choked out, slapping him on the arm.

"My bad," Griffin replied, sharing an amused glance with Colby as he sat down next to Norah. I just rolled my eyes and wiped my mouth with my napkin. Griffin snatched a pretzel from my lunch bag, and as it crunched in his mouth, he asked, "Did you know the party tomorrow night?"

"The one at Rocco's house?" I said, and Griffin nodded. "What about it?"

"Can you get a ride there? Griffin asked. "I can give you a ride home, but I have to babysit Mia until my parents get home, and they haven't actually told me when that would be."

My eyes met with Norah, and she knew what I was thinking. "Sure," she sighed, "Colby and I will pick you up at seven thirty."

"Thanks!" I said, leaning against Griffin. Lunch went by quickly. Griffin and Colby stole small morsels of food from Norah and my lunch, and we laughed hysterically at some story about the lacrosse coach getting drunk at a concert.

As lunch ended, Griffin and I got up, and when I reached for my amazingly heavy science textbook, Griffin took it instead. I frowned at him, and he said defensively, "I'm trying to be a gentleman."

"Ah," I said as we walked out of the cafeteria, "And how's that working out for you?"

Griffin wrapped his arm around me and kissed me softly on the lips. He smiled, the movement tickling my mouth, and said, "I think it's working out great."

*

My doorbell rang and I quickly finished applying my mascara. I grabbed my phone off of my bed and hurried downstairs. Grandma Aggie was out at the vintage movie theater with her friends, so I opened the door to find Norah standing on my doorstep.

"You look hot!" She cried, taking in my outfit. I glanced down at my turquoise long-sleeve shirt tucked into my black, tiered skirt.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I replied, and Norah twirled. She had on a floral dress with a wide, woven belt, and a leather jacket that looked suspiciously like one Colby had worn last week. Her pale blonde hair was braided into a tight pleat that fell carelessly over her shoulder.

"Ready to go?" Norah asked, and I nodded. I slammed the door shut behind me and locked it with the key that Grandma Aggie kept hidden in a flower pot on the porch. I laced my arm through Norah's and we walked down the walkway and slipped into Colby's waiting car.